Daily News roundup: West Mifflin girls edge Ringgold in Section 4
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Paige Flore had 14 points, and Taylor Thomas scored 11 to guide No. 4 West Mifflin (4-2, 2-1) to a 47-42 victory over Ringgold in Section 4-AAA play Thursday night.
Bailey Cooper had 19 points for Ringgold (4-2, 1-2).
Southmoreland 47, Yough 37 — The Scotties (3-3, 2-1) used a 16-4 advantage in the fourth quarter to seal a Section 3-AAA win. Bethany Siebert had 12 points and Olivia Porter 11 for Southmoreland. Natalie Peebles led Yough (1-5, 0-2) with 12 points.
Greensburg Central Catholic 73, South A llegh eny 19 — Carolyn Appleby scored 16 points, as No. 4 Greensburg Central Catholic (4-2, 2-0) won a Section 3-AA contest. Leah Bisignani (12), Megan Stunja (11) and Nikki Addisey (10) also were in double figures for GCC. Mikayla Stearns had 10 for South Allegheny (1-6, 0-3).
Chartiers-Houston 67, Steel Valley 36 — Addy Knetzer had 22 points as Chartiers-Houston (4-2, 2-1) won in Section 4-AA. Rayon Williams had 13 for Steel Valley (0-6, 0-2)
Greensburg Central Catholic 71, South Allegheny 42 — Brian Graytok scored 20 points to lead No. 2 Greensburg Central Catholic (5-0, 2-1) to a Section 3-AA win. Kordell Thompson and Jeiron Lewis had 11 points each for South Allegheny (5-3, 2-1).
Lincoln Park 79, Serra Catholic 26 — Ryan Skovranko scored a season-high 27 points and is just three shy of 1,000 for his career as Class A No. 1 Lincoln Park (5-0) won a nonsection game. Joe Satira had 12 points for Serra Catholic (2-4).
Thomas Jefferson 76, Circle Christian (Fla.) 56 — Charlie Scharbo scored 20 points as Thomas Jefferson (5-1) won at the KSA Tournament in Orlando, Fla.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- High court to weigh pregnancy work rights
- Pa. judge identified who denied Trib request to view sexually explicit emails circulated in AG’s Office
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Veterans court program to begin in Fayette
- Westmoreland judges’ caseloads unlikely to affect district boundary changes
- Western Pa. districts aim to win back students from cyber charters
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds
- Pennsylvania amusement ride website leaves readers hanging