Daily News roundup: Thomas Jefferson, West Mifflin boys win in Orlando
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Charlie Scharbo scored a game-high 24 points as Thomas Jefferson (6-1) earned a 62-36 victory over Fleetwood in the KSA Tournament in Orlando, Fla., on Friday.
The Jaguars play St. Stephens's Episcopal (Texas) on Saturday.
West Mifflin 36, St . Francis (Ont ario) 32 — West Mifflin (5-1) fought its way to a victory in the KSA Tournament in Orlanda, Fla., without any players scoring in double-digits. The Titans will play in the tournament championship Saturday.
Latrobe 44, Norwin 39 — Matt Cullen's 12 points led Latrobe (2-4, 1-1) in a Section 1-AAAA win. Curtis Perz scored 11 for Norwin (2-5, 0-3), which led 20-12 at halftime.
Central Catholic 61, McKeesport 57 — Sean Whalen led all scorers with 16 points as Central Catholic (5-1, 3-0) earned a victory in Section 2-AAAA. William Gadson scored 16 points for McKeesport (2-4, 0-3).
Yough 55, S outhmoreland 3 0 — The Cougars used a 33-9 halftime advantage to lock up a Section 3-AAA victory. Josh Sterner scored 15 for Yough (2-6, 1-2), and Ben Niemiec's 13 points led Southmoreland (1-5, 0-3).
East Allegheny 36, Clairton 35 – Cache Street led all scorers with 16 points as East Allegheny (1-5) narrowly defeated Clairton (0-6) in nonsection action. Malaysha Pettiford led the Bears with 12 points.
Serra Catholic 84, Ca rrick 4 1 — Serra Catholic (5-1) used a 41-point first quarter to cruise to a nonsection victory. Leslie Hoye led all scorers with 21 points for the Eagles. Chardonnay Little-John scored 17 points for Carrick (2-3).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ringgold girls escape with 41-35 win over Brownsville
- Franklin Regional boys weather tough losses
- Daily News roundup: TJ boys down Montour in nonsection game
- Plum grad Cressler makes coaching debut
- Harris develops into team leader for Gateway boys
- Family atmosphere featured in Baldwin boys basketball program
- Junior forward Beale scores 30 points as Freeport wins 4th straight
- Plum boys win section opener, girls fall to Fox Chapel
- Injuries won’t dash South Fayette girls basketball’s hopes
- Fox Chapel’s Urso adjusts quickly between football, basketball
- Gateway girls roll to victory in Section 2 opener