Daily News roundup: Thomas Jefferson, West Mifflin boys win in Orlando
By Staff Reports
Published: Friday, Dec. 20, 2013, 11:00 p.m.
Charlie Scharbo scored a game-high 24 points as Thomas Jefferson (6-1) earned a 62-36 victory over Fleetwood in the KSA Tournament in Orlando, Fla., on Friday.
The Jaguars play St. Stephens's Episcopal (Texas) on Saturday.
West Mifflin 36, St . Francis (Ont ario) 32 — West Mifflin (5-1) fought its way to a victory in the KSA Tournament in Orlanda, Fla., without any players scoring in double-digits. The Titans will play in the tournament championship Saturday.
Latrobe 44, Norwin 39 — Matt Cullen's 12 points led Latrobe (2-4, 1-1) in a Section 1-AAAA win. Curtis Perz scored 11 for Norwin (2-5, 0-3), which led 20-12 at halftime.
Central Catholic 61, McKeesport 57 — Sean Whalen led all scorers with 16 points as Central Catholic (5-1, 3-0) earned a victory in Section 2-AAAA. William Gadson scored 16 points for McKeesport (2-4, 0-3).
Yough 55, S outhmoreland 3 0 — The Cougars used a 33-9 halftime advantage to lock up a Section 3-AAA victory. Josh Sterner scored 15 for Yough (2-6, 1-2), and Ben Niemiec's 13 points led Southmoreland (1-5, 0-3).
East Allegheny 36, Clairton 35 – Cache Street led all scorers with 16 points as East Allegheny (1-5) narrowly defeated Clairton (0-6) in nonsection action. Malaysha Pettiford led the Bears with 12 points.
Serra Catholic 84, Ca rrick 4 1 — Serra Catholic (5-1) used a 41-point first quarter to cruise to a nonsection victory. Leslie Hoye led all scorers with 21 points for the Eagles. Chardonnay Little-John scored 17 points for Carrick (2-3).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Search warrant shows 12 items seized from stabbing suspect’s locker
- A.J. Richardson, wife held for trial over 911 calls
- Penguins notebook: Injured Goc could return during Round 1
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle familiar with Ike Davis’ lineage
- Casey to promote tax-free savings plan for disabled during Pittsburgh stop
- Indictment alleges scheme defrauded government of $10 million
- Champions come out for ‘Stars on Ice’ at Consol
- RAW: Natural Born Artists helps serve up emerging fashion designers across U.S.
- Pittsburgh to spend $10,700 to repair 4 chandeliers in mayor’s office
- Former U.S. Steel executive and wife make $500,000 donation
- Hot Ticket: Dance Africa: Pittsburgh; Sci-fi at the Science Center; Art All Night