Frazier, Ringgold girls pick up section wins
TribLIVE Sports Videos
A few local teams took to the hardwood Saturday in both section and nonsection contests, some being made up due to inclement weather from past weeks. Here's a recap of the action:
Three Lady Commodores reached double figures as Frazier topped Monessen 56-31 in a Section 4-A matchup.
Kaley Barota topped Frazier (10-4, 3-1) with 14 points while Cassidy Guiser and Lauren Timko each added 11 as the Lady Commodores raced out to leads of 19-5 at the end of the first and 35-15 at halftime.
Terraee Bradford scored a game-high 16 points to lead Monessen (3-9, 2-3).
Both teams host nonsection games Tuesday with Frazier entertaining Chartiers-Houston and Monessen hosting Avella.
Ringgold 52,Brownsville 37
The Lady Rams outscored the Lady Falcons 15-4 in the third quarter en route to a Section 4-AAA win.
Eleni Radic and Bailey Cooper each scored 14 points and Marlena Schmidt chipped in 12 to lead Ringgold (7-8, 2-5).
Maris Seto scored a game-high 17 points for Brownsville (6-6, 1-5).
The Lady Rams host Waynesburg Central Monday in a 4-AAA matchup.
Connellsville 52,Ringgold 35
The Quad-A Falcons outscored the Rams 34-19 in the second and third quarters en route to the nonsection win.
Ringgold (2-11) was led by George Martin, who scored a game-high 15 points.
Connellsville (8-7) was led by Caleb Pittsment and Jimmy Leichliter, who scored 11 points each.
The Rams host Steel Valley Tuesday in Section 4-AAA action.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Ohio offensive lineman verbally commits to Pitt
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Former Manor Elementary School going up for bid
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds
- Love locks tokens fall prey to renovations on Pittsburgh bridges
- Antiques mall coming to Sutersville
- Common Core: Rotten politics
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump