Frazier, Ringgold girls pick up section wins
TribLIVE Sports Videos
A few local teams took to the hardwood Saturday in both section and nonsection contests, some being made up due to inclement weather from past weeks. Here's a recap of the action:
Three Lady Commodores reached double figures as Frazier topped Monessen 56-31 in a Section 4-A matchup.
Kaley Barota topped Frazier (10-4, 3-1) with 14 points while Cassidy Guiser and Lauren Timko each added 11 as the Lady Commodores raced out to leads of 19-5 at the end of the first and 35-15 at halftime.
Terraee Bradford scored a game-high 16 points to lead Monessen (3-9, 2-3).
Both teams host nonsection games Tuesday with Frazier entertaining Chartiers-Houston and Monessen hosting Avella.
Ringgold 52,Brownsville 37
The Lady Rams outscored the Lady Falcons 15-4 in the third quarter en route to a Section 4-AAA win.
Eleni Radic and Bailey Cooper each scored 14 points and Marlena Schmidt chipped in 12 to lead Ringgold (7-8, 2-5).
Maris Seto scored a game-high 17 points for Brownsville (6-6, 1-5).
The Lady Rams host Waynesburg Central Monday in a 4-AAA matchup.
Connellsville 52,Ringgold 35
The Quad-A Falcons outscored the Rams 34-19 in the second and third quarters en route to the nonsection win.
Ringgold (2-11) was led by George Martin, who scored a game-high 15 points.
Connellsville (8-7) was led by Caleb Pittsment and Jimmy Leichliter, who scored 11 points each.
The Rams host Steel Valley Tuesday in Section 4-AAA action.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kiski Area boys ready for encore
- Kiski Area girls brace for rough season
- Class AAAA girls basketball preview: Penn-Trafford welcomes doubters as it begins WPIAL title defense
- After struggling in Class AA, Serra boys basketball welcomes move down classificiation
- Despite youth, Serra girls basketball team remains optimistic for postseason
- Norwin boys basketball looks to use fast pace, deep bench
- Penn-Trafford boys basketball returning experienced roster
- Keystone Oaks boys hoops coach focused on changing program’s culture
- Brentwood Boosters’ annual tip-off tournament set for Dec. 5-6
- Fox Chapel boys out to replace pair of 1,000-point scorers
- Southmoreland girls hoops team optimistic