Daily News roundup: Clairton boys defeat Geibel in Section 3-A
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Four players scored in double figures for Clairton as the Bears earned an 85-48 victory over Geibel in Section 3-A play Tuesday night.
JoJuan Bray had 17 points, Isaiah Hollis added 15 and Aaron Mathews and Rashead Pacley had 10 for Clairton (7-5, 5-2).
James Ewing scored 20 points for Geibel (2-15, 1-8).
Franklin Regional 77, Woodland Hills 47 — Matt Renzi scored 26 points to lead the Panthers (14-6, 9-4) to a Section 2-AAAA win. Avram Abramovitz led the Wolverines (0-20, 0-13) with 17 points.
McKeesport 61, Penn Hills 54 — Jordan Payne scored a game-high 26 points and Anthony Mains added 11 for the Tigers (10-10, 6-7) as they won in Section 2-AAAA.
Derry 43, Yough 34 — Ryan Maloy had 21 points to lead Derry (6-10, 5-6) to a Section 3-AAA win. Josh Sterner had 10 for Yough (4-17, 1-11).
Belle Vernon 67, East Allegheny 58 — Jason Capco scored a game-high 23 points to lead the Leopards (9-9, 4-7) to a Section 4-AAA win. Isaiah Hampton led East Allegheny (0-18, 0-11) with 18 points.
Elizabeth Forward 46, Ringgold 35 — George Prota led the Warriors (16-3, 9-2) with 12 points and Jalen French chipped in with 10 in a Section 4-AAA win.
Greensburg C.C. 79, Serra Catholic 23 — Brian Graytok led all scorers with 14 points as Class AA No. 2 Greensburg C.C. earned the Section 3 crown. Joe Satira led Serra Catholic (8-12, 4-7) with 10.
South Allegheny 53, Springdale 25 — Ty Cook scored 15 points, Kordell Thompson had 13 and Jeiron Lewis added 12, as the Gladiators (14-7, 8-3) won in Section 3-AA.
Norwin 79, Kiski Ar ea 19 — Alayna Gribble scored 23 points to lead four players in double figures as the Knights cruised in Section 1-AAAA. Angela Tyke, Natalie Dittig and Julia Carter all scored 12 points for Norwin (15-5, 12-1).
Penn Hills 49, McKeesport 39 — Desiree Oliver scored 12 points and Jade Ely and Marlon Herring each had 11 for Penn Hills (11-8, 7-4) in Section 2-AAAA. T.T. Burke led McKeesport (8-12, 3-8) with 12.
Derry 53, Yough 24 — Morgan Roble scored 13 points and Derry (4-12, 2-9) won in Section 3-AAA. Natalie Peebles led Yough (2-18, 0-10) with 12.
Thomas Jefferson 60, Waynesburg 36 — Haley Kutscher, Renee Swallow and Haley Zoglmann all scored 11 points for the Jaguars (11-8, 6-5) in a Section 4-AAA win.
South Allegheny 41, Springdale 32 — In Section 3-AA, Mikayla Stearns had 16 points to carry South Allegheny (3-16, 2-9) to victory.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Corbett, Wolf resort to sticks, stones to attract attention
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Armstrong in test program using slag on icy roads
- New Kensington to convert tennis courts to dek hockey rink
- Critics claim state Attorney General Kane puts politics first
- Fire at Flight 93 National Memorial hints at struggle to safeguard historic artifacts
- Recognition key to winning 33rd District
- New Haven to host Halloween parade on Tuesday
- Council pays into pension plans for police, firefighters
- DEP orders cleanup of former Jeannette Glass property to resume
- Southwest Greensburg man died of injuries in accident in Bell