WCCA Hoopfest set for Saturday
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Eight girls basketball teams will cap off the regular season Saturday at the annual Westmoreland County Coaches Association Hoopfest at Greensburg Salem.
Play begins at 2 p.m. with Mt. Pleasant vs. Burrell. Derry plays Jeannette at 3:30, Belle Vernon takes on Greensburg Central Catholic at 5 and Greensburg Salem hosts Latrobe at 6:30.
Tickets will be available at the door. Proceeds benefit six scholarships for county athletes.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Soutmoreland girls basketball team primary goal: playoffs
- WPIAL AAAA boys basketball preview: Runners-up last season, North Allegheny hopes to take next step
- Plum boys basketball seeks section 3-peat
- Riverview girls aim to build on memorable season
- South Fayette, Chartiers Valley boys basketball teams setting goals high again
- Mt. Pleasant girls basketball to rely on experience
- Monessen girls basketball eyes playoff return
- Knoch basketball team gets reinforcements
- Leechburg boys set to go up-tempo
- Plum girls basketball team looking to take next step
- New scenery for 1st-year Riverview boys basketball coach Sapotichne