Weather forces WPIAL playoff schedule change
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Thursday, Feb. 13, 2014, 9:48 p.m.
A WPIAL playoff basketball doubleheader scheduled for Friday at Hempfield Area High School must be moved, according to WPIAL executive director Tim O'Malley.
Hempfield Township declared a disaster emergency Thursday because of a critical shortage of road salt, and traffic is restricted on roads maintained by the township.
O'Malley said a site will be announced Friday morning on the WPIAL's website, www.wpial.org.
Penn-Trafford (16-6) and Plum (15-7) girls are scheduled to play a first-round game at 6:30 p.m., with a boys preliminary-round matchup between Mt. Pleasant (15-6) and Kittanning (7-15) to follow.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Hampton, Luther prove too tall a task for Allderdice
- Breaking down the PIAA boys basketball playoffs
- Greensburg Central Catholic boys roll past Bald Eagle in PIAA opener
- Minnie paces Lincoln Park in PIAA opening-round rout of Johnsonburg
- North Allegheny girls enjoy ‘bounce back’ win over WPIAL champion Penn-Trafford
- Defensive stop sets tone in Erie McDowell win over Kiski Area
- PIAA boys basketball roundup: Chartiers Valley pulls out first-round victory
- Burrell girls eye improvement even after easy win in PIAA opener
- Blackhawk fights past sloppy 1st half to beat Mercyhurst
- Derry’s Phillippi upset in PIAA quarterfinals
- Fox Chapel girls basketball team looks to rebound in state tournament