Weather forces WPIAL playoff schedule change
TribLIVE Sports Videos
A WPIAL playoff basketball doubleheader scheduled for Friday at Hempfield Area High School must be moved, according to WPIAL executive director Tim O'Malley.
Hempfield Township declared a disaster emergency Thursday because of a critical shortage of road salt, and traffic is restricted on roads maintained by the township.
O'Malley said a site will be announced Friday morning on the WPIAL's website, www.wpial.org.
Penn-Trafford (16-6) and Plum (15-7) girls are scheduled to play a first-round game at 6:30 p.m., with a boys preliminary-round matchup between Mt. Pleasant (15-6) and Kittanning (7-15) to follow.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Kiski Area boys ready for encore
- Southmoreland girls hoops team optimistic
- Class AAAA girls basketball preview: Penn-Trafford welcomes doubters as it begins WPIAL title defense
- After struggling in Class AA, Serra boys basketball welcomes move down in classification
- Ford City girls basketball aims to close program on top
- Highlands girls looking for improvement after 3-16 campaign
- Chartiers Valley basketball preparing for jump to AAAA
- Athletic McKeesport boys basketball team features new coach, up-tempo style
- McKeesport girls basketball team healthy, anxious to start new season
- Shady Side boys seek return to postseason
- Quaker Valley boys basketball seniors ready for their time