Uniontown earns first-round win over Ambridge
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Uniontown used a 21-10 advantage in the third quarter to pull away from Ambridge and secure a 66-57 victory in the WPIAL Class AAA first round Tuesday at Bethel Park.
Fifth-seeded Uniontown (20-1) will play No. 4 Elizabeth Forward on Friday at a site to be determined.
Joe Campbell scored 23 points, including eight in the fourth quarter, to lead Uniontown. Xavier Ellis chipped in with 17 and keyed the third quarter run with nine points.
Jordan Pratt had 15. The game was tied 31-31 at halftime.
Stephon McGinnis led Ambridge (16-7) with 24 points, and Dayton Carter added 19.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Class AAAA boys basketball preview: After 1st playoff win since 2003, Hempfield boys hope to advance in postseason
- Kiski Area boys ready for encore
- Wildcats return their core
- Thomas Jefferson boys basketball team has high expectations
- Thomas Jefferson girls bring hard-nosed play, intangibles to the court
- Kittanning boys basketball shoots for 4th straight playoff trip in program’s final season
- High school notebook: Apollo-Ridge’s Tipton named conference dual-award winner
- Mt. Pleasant girls basketball coach eager to start season with versatile team
- After struggling in Class AA, Serra boys basketball welcomes move down in classification
- Class AAAA girls basketball preview: Penn-Trafford welcomes doubters as it begins WPIAL title defense
- Fox Chapel boys out to replace pair of 1,000-point scorers