Uniontown earns first-round win over Ambridge
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Uniontown used a 21-10 advantage in the third quarter to pull away from Ambridge and secure a 66-57 victory in the WPIAL Class AAA first round Tuesday at Bethel Park.
Fifth-seeded Uniontown (20-1) will play No. 4 Elizabeth Forward on Friday at a site to be determined.
Joe Campbell scored 23 points, including eight in the fourth quarter, to lead Uniontown. Xavier Ellis chipped in with 17 and keyed the third quarter run with nine points.
Jordan Pratt had 15. The game was tied 31-31 at halftime.
Stephon McGinnis led Ambridge (16-7) with 24 points, and Dayton Carter added 19.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- PIAA basketball playoff brackets set
- Monessen boys, Cal Area girls each draw Venango Catholic
- Four BVA wrestlers advance to PIAA finals
- Sewickley Academy coach praises growth in girls basketball team after playoff exit
- McConnell’s 34 points fuel Chartiers Valley’s victory in Class AAAA title game
- Playoff experience could pay dividends for Butler basketball team
- Blackhawk girls top South Fayette to repeat as WPIAL Class AAA champs
- GameChanger app revolutionizes Ligonier Valley boys basketball
- Third-quarter run helps Seton-La Salle boys return to WPIAL title game
- Satira scores 35 as Serra Catholic routs Geibel
- Gorman: Upset puts Eden on map