Uniontown earns first-round win over Ambridge
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Uniontown used a 21-10 advantage in the third quarter to pull away from Ambridge and secure a 66-57 victory in the WPIAL Class AAA first round Tuesday at Bethel Park.
Fifth-seeded Uniontown (20-1) will play No. 4 Elizabeth Forward on Friday at a site to be determined.
Joe Campbell scored 23 points, including eight in the fourth quarter, to lead Uniontown. Xavier Ellis chipped in with 17 and keyed the third quarter run with nine points.
Jordan Pratt had 15. The game was tied 31-31 at halftime.
Stephon McGinnis led Ambridge (16-7) with 24 points, and Dayton Carter added 19.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Arnold man charged after 20-mile chase
- McKeesport park to get more regional asset funds
- Steelers film session: Harrison on the field often
- Car, bike show to outfit police
- Home brew returns
- Gunfire plagues New Kensington
- Falcons to host ‘Kitty Cat Game’
- Monessen woman honored for service as church volunteer
- Daily Courier roundup: Erdely qualifies for PIAA regional
- Business roundup: SEC fines Bank of America $7.65M for miscalculation; court-ordered anti-smoking ads challenged; more
- At least $100,000 in appliances stolen from new homes around Western Pa.