Blairsville girls reach District 6 semifinals
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Top-seeded Blairsville (21-1) opened a 30-26 lead at halftime and used a 18-10 run in the fourth quarter to secure a 63-51 victory over Penns Valley in the PIAA District 6-AA quarterfinals. The Bobcats will play No. 5 Bellwood-Antis in the semifinals.
Burrell 79, McGuffey 68 — Natalie Myers scored 23 points and had 16 rebounds, while Sydney Bordonaro added 23 points as No. 2 Burrell (24-0) secured a Class AA semifinal berth for the second straight season at Montour. Sammie Weiss had 29 points for McGuffey (20-4).
Penns Valley 34, Blairsville 33 — In a game that was tied at 31 with 1:34 left, No. 4 Penns Valley (17-3) earned a spot in the PIAA District 6-AA semifinals with a one-point victory. PV led 18-11 at halftime.
Monessen 63, Wilkinsburg 49 — Led by Clintell Gillaspie's 21 points and Javon Brown's 18, No. 3 Monessen (19-5) earned a Class A quarterfinal-round win at Baldwin. Monessen will play No. 1 Vincentian in the semifinals.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Visual search still hampered by image issues
- Apollo Council, solicitor prepare vacancy ordinance
- Harrison rejects criticism of disorderly conduct ordinance
- Dorfman: Fat profit margins not always sign of star
- Elizabeth Forward girls soccer looks to extend playoff streak
- Dedicated California educator Hasbrouck dead at 62
- Labor United Celebration draws 25,000 to Northmoreland Park
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Alle-Kiski soccer notebook: Area teams begin section play this week