Blairsville girls reach District 6 semifinals
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Top-seeded Blairsville (21-1) opened a 30-26 lead at halftime and used a 18-10 run in the fourth quarter to secure a 63-51 victory over Penns Valley in the PIAA District 6-AA quarterfinals. The Bobcats will play No. 5 Bellwood-Antis in the semifinals.
Burrell 79, McGuffey 68 — Natalie Myers scored 23 points and had 16 rebounds, while Sydney Bordonaro added 23 points as No. 2 Burrell (24-0) secured a Class AA semifinal berth for the second straight season at Montour. Sammie Weiss had 29 points for McGuffey (20-4).
Penns Valley 34, Blairsville 33 — In a game that was tied at 31 with 1:34 left, No. 4 Penns Valley (17-3) earned a spot in the PIAA District 6-AA semifinals with a one-point victory. PV led 18-11 at halftime.
Monessen 63, Wilkinsburg 49 — Led by Clintell Gillaspie's 21 points and Javon Brown's 18, No. 3 Monessen (19-5) earned a Class A quarterfinal-round win at Baldwin. Monessen will play No. 1 Vincentian in the semifinals.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers rookie says Sam, his former roommate, has changed
- Fire victim’s ex-boyfriend jumps from Tarentum Bridge
- Pa. senator investigates Rocky Mountain high at taxpayers’ expense
- Rossi: Buying trust is a must for Pirates
- Steelers aim to create more turnovers this year with speedier defense
- 2 cars strike horse near Fayette fair
- Pirates’ attempts to bolster roster at deadline a fruitless endeavor
- Steelers notebook: Shoulder pads get technological boost for Ravens game
- LaBar: Big week for future of WWE & TNA
- Pitt’s new chancellor Gallagher to continue broad role at school
- Unemployment rate ticks up; 209K jobs added but less than expected