Blairsville girls reach District 6 semifinals
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Top-seeded Blairsville (21-1) opened a 30-26 lead at halftime and used a 18-10 run in the fourth quarter to secure a 63-51 victory over Penns Valley in the PIAA District 6-AA quarterfinals. The Bobcats will play No. 5 Bellwood-Antis in the semifinals.
Burrell 79, McGuffey 68 — Natalie Myers scored 23 points and had 16 rebounds, while Sydney Bordonaro added 23 points as No. 2 Burrell (24-0) secured a Class AA semifinal berth for the second straight season at Montour. Sammie Weiss had 29 points for McGuffey (20-4).
Penns Valley 34, Blairsville 33 — In a game that was tied at 31 with 1:34 left, No. 4 Penns Valley (17-3) earned a spot in the PIAA District 6-AA semifinals with a one-point victory. PV led 18-11 at halftime.
Monessen 63, Wilkinsburg 49 — Led by Clintell Gillaspie's 21 points and Javon Brown's 18, No. 3 Monessen (19-5) earned a Class A quarterfinal-round win at Baldwin. Monessen will play No. 1 Vincentian in the semifinals.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Five questions facing Steelers entering training camp
- Steelers cut linebacker Kion Wilson, sign cornerback Toler
- North Huntingdon woman charged with threatening to burn down officer’s house
- Employers start to feel wage pressures
- Mon Valley called ‘ground zero’ for blight
- 2 teens charged in shooting in New Castle
- Well-traveled Clemons trying to find home with Carolina Panthers
- Steph Chambers | TRIB TOTAL MEDIA
- Friday’s scouting report: Pirates at Rockies
- Pirates’ Melancon has been consistent since moving into closer’s role
- Amazon.com distribution center planned for Pittsburgh’s West End