Freshmen lead defending champ Beaver Falls into quarterfinals
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Freshmen forwards Josh Creach and Donovan Jeter each had a double-double to lead defending PIAA champion Beaver Falls to a 72-48 victory over Summit Academy in Class AA second-round game at North Allegheny on Wednesday.
Creach had 21 points and 17 rebounds and Jeter scored 22 and had 12 rebounds for the Tigers (20-7), who will play the winner of Thursday's matchup between Greensburg Central Catholic (23-3) and West Middlesex (21-5) in the quarterfinals Saturday, time and site to be determined.
Dasonte White had 18 points to lead Summit Academy (17-7).
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- No. 3 Greensburg Central Catholic ends top-ranked Burrell’s section winning streak
- Gorman: Quips finding victory amid great loss
- Costly loss for cold-shooting Monessen
- Chartiers Valley displays shooting touch in blowout win over USC
- Valley routs Freeport 61-39 to keep playoff hopes alive
- Hampton girls basketball team hustles past Ford City, 53-31
- Butler’s 31-point night carries Latrobe past Norwin
- No. 5 Jeannette overcomes 18-point deficit, edges Serra Catholic
- Leader Times roundup: Kittanning boys keep playoff hopes alive
- High school roundup: Bethel Park downs No. 4 Mt. Lebanon in Section 4-AAAA
- Daily News roundup: West Mifflin takes down Laurel Highlands