Roundball Classic rosters loaded with Daily News area players
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Roundball Classic All-Star basketball game will have a distinct local flavor this year.
Six girls and seven boys have been selected to take part in the annual event scheduled for April 12 at Geneva College.
Thomas Jefferson's Charlie Scharbo, Steel Valley's Ajan Smith, Elizabeth Forward's Jaquaun Davidson and West Mifflin's Ryan Maha (injured) were selected for the Class AAA team, which will take on the Class AA team at 6 p.m. Serra Catholic's Max Kaminsky (injured) was chosen for the Double-A team.
Picked to participate for Class AAAA were Norwin's Zach Bryan and McKeesport's William Gadson. Quad-A will take on the Class A team at 8 p.m.
On the girls' side, Class A runner-up Serra Catholic will be represented by Megan Sieg and Nicole Pero, while Class AAA will have West Mifflin's Taylor Thomas and Ciara Patterson along with Elizabeth Forward's Natalie Fekula and Thomas Jefferson's Alexis Yanief.
The girls Class A/District 10 stars play Class AA stars at 2 p.m. followed by Class AAA vs. Class AAAA at 4 p.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man robbed, shot in East Liberty
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Script is it: Classic Pitt helmet design to return
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Police investigate 2 shootings in Washington County, one of them fatal
- Fábregas: Cancer-stricken California woman chooses to plan her death
- Fire at Flight 93 National Memorial hints at struggle to safeguard historic artifacts
- Pens look to buck shots, goals trend
- Pitt puts focus to test in jumbled ACC Coastal race
- Penguins notebook: Carcillo has no hard feelings after failing to make roster
- Project 15206 finds goals for rain