South Park girls basketball coach Wells resigns
TribLIVE Sports Videos
After two WPIAL titles and one PIAA championship, Reggie Wells resigned Wednesday as girls basketball coach at South Park.
Wells compiled a record of 176-62 over nine years. South Park won WPIAL titles in 2007-08 and 2012-13.
The Eagles won a PIAA crown in 2012-13.
— Staff reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Salvino’s career highlighted by success
- Third-quarter run helps Seton-La Salle boys return to WPIAL title game
- Aliquippa boys run away from Greensburg Central Catholic in semifinals
- Late 3-pointer sends Cardinal Wuerl North Catholic girls to finals
- High school roundup: No. 2 Char Valley earns another trip to WPIAL finals
- Gorman: Indiana’s run high on heart
- Switching defenses turns tide for Redbank Valley
- Pinpoint free-throw shooting carries North Allegheny to 1st finals since 1999
- Blairsville boys, girls win playoff games
- South Fayette girls top Elizabeth Forward to reach 1st WPIAL title game
- Karns City girls return to District 9 title game