Montour AD expects boys basketball coach to leave for Moon
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Montour athletic director Lou Cerro said Saturday he expected boys basketball coach Adam Kaufman to accept a job offer from Moon.
Kaufman, a 1997 Montour graduate, coached the Spartans for six seasons, won two WPIAL titles and reached the state final twice.
At Moon, he would replace Jeff Ackermann, who was recently ousted after 13 seasons.
Kaufman couldn't be reached.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Butler girls basketball team earning narrow victories
- Defensive play fueling Mars boys basketball team
- Deep roster sparks Butler boys basketball team
- Shady Side Academy torments Apollo-Ridge, moves to 3-0
- West Mifflin edges late-charging Steel Valley in Section 4 contest
- Plum’s defense seals win over McKeesport
- Hot-shooting Charleroi blitzes Waynesburg
- Valley Independent roundup: Elizabeth Forward edges Ringgold in Section 4-AAA clash
- Greensburg Salem’s Oberdorf on early-season scoring binge
- Harris develops into team leader for Gateway boys
- Greensburg high school roundup: Hempfield downs Penn-Trafford to stay unbeaten