Trib HS Insider Q&A: Geibel's Brandon Kushnar
TribLIVE Sports Videos
After missing Geibel's opening game of the season due to an injury, left-handed junior quarterback Brandon Kushnar has rejoined his teammates on the field.
Q: How hard was it for you and your teammates to have to forfeit the first two games of the season?
A: It was difficult, but I look at this year as a learning experience, and it gave us two extra weeks to learn.
Q: What was the injury that kept you out of the start of the season?
A: It was a broken right hand. It happened in our scrimmage.
Q: What goals have you and your teammates set for the remainder of the season?
A: We want to make it through this season, then work out all offseason and come back ready to go.
Q: How long have you been playing football?
A: 11 years.
Q: What is your favorite food?
A: I like salad bars because they are healthy and you can pile a lot of stuff on top.
Q: What is your favorite movie?
A: It's a tie between “Remember the Titans” and “Gridiron Gang.”
Q: If you could have dinner with anybody, who would it be?
A: Urban Meyer. He's a great coach, and he does a lot for the Ohio State program.
Q: Who is your favorite athlete?
A: Hines Ward. He is a big role model, and he is always positive.
Q: What are some words you try to live by?
A: Stay strong and be positive. Everybody loses games, but few people change games.
Q: Who inspires you?
A: My family and teammates inspire me to go 100 percent.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Old-school football to be Riverside’s mantra
- West Shamokin QB Lasslo perfect maestro for Wing-T attack
- Natural rivalries, top-tier talent highlight realigned Allegheny Conference
- Bulked-up offensive line looks to anchor Blue Devils
- Mitchell latest in line of West Mifflin star running backs
- Gorman: Rowan’s move hurts area hoops
- Defending WPIAL champ Central Catholic undergoes offensive overhaul
- Veteran QB, D-I lineman back to lead Baldwin
- Skiles hopes 3rd time’s a charm at Bentworth
- South Side Beaver rebuilding around core group of skill players
- Burrell rebuilding but retains star rusher