Trib HS Insider Q&A: Geibel's Brandon Kushnar
TribLIVE Sports Videos
After missing Geibel's opening game of the season due to an injury, left-handed junior quarterback Brandon Kushnar has rejoined his teammates on the field.
Q: How hard was it for you and your teammates to have to forfeit the first two games of the season?
A: It was difficult, but I look at this year as a learning experience, and it gave us two extra weeks to learn.
Q: What was the injury that kept you out of the start of the season?
A: It was a broken right hand. It happened in our scrimmage.
Q: What goals have you and your teammates set for the remainder of the season?
A: We want to make it through this season, then work out all offseason and come back ready to go.
Q: How long have you been playing football?
A: 11 years.
Q: What is your favorite food?
A: I like salad bars because they are healthy and you can pile a lot of stuff on top.
Q: What is your favorite movie?
A: It's a tie between “Remember the Titans” and “Gridiron Gang.”
Q: If you could have dinner with anybody, who would it be?
A: Urban Meyer. He's a great coach, and he does a lot for the Ohio State program.
Q: Who is your favorite athlete?
A: Hines Ward. He is a big role model, and he is always positive.
Q: What are some words you try to live by?
A: Stay strong and be positive. Everybody loses games, but few people change games.
Q: Who inspires you?
A: My family and teammates inspire me to go 100 percent.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Football coach Loughran settles in at Fox Chapel
- Kiski Area to host Alle-Kiski Valley 7-on-7 Passing Competition and Big Man Challenge
- Franklin Regional’s passing attack on display at annual WCCA tournament
- Several Alle-Kiski football teams eye season at Heinz Field
- Norwin football uses WCCA 7-on-7 event to prepare for upcoming season
- PIAA takes steps to shorten football season 1 week
- Franklin Regional football makes good use of summer work
- Brentwood track coach returning to Mt. Lebanon sideline