High school football roundup: Woodland Hills whips Plum
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Cody McClelland threw for 137 yards and two touchdowns, including a 73-yarder to Harry Randall, as No. 5 Woodland Hills earned a 35-0 decision over Plum (0-4, 0-4) in the Quad Central on Friday night.
Woodland Hills (3-1, 2-1) scored all of its points in the first half.
West Mifflin 46, Albert Gallatin 6 — Diallo Mitchell scored on a 70-yard reception and a 37-yard run to lead No. 8 West Mifflin to win at Albert Gallatin (0-4, 0-3) in the Big 9.
Mitchell caught three passes for 103 yards. Derrick Fulmore completed all five of his passes for 193 yards and three touchdowns. James Wheeler ran 14 times for 110 yards and a touchdown.
South Allegheny 28, South Park 7 — Brandon Murn scored on runs of 16 and 9 yards as South Allegheny (3-1, 2-1) defeated South Park (1-3, 1-2) in the Century Conference.
Dustin Anderson also scored on a 24-yard run, and Stefon Isbell had a 6-yard TD run. Tim Burkholder caught a touchdown pass from Ty Cook.
Carlynton 65, Serra Catholic 8 — Ryan McKissick rushed for 145 yards and touchdowns of 39 and 95 yards on just three carries as Carlynton (1-3, 1-3) won at Serra Catholic (0-4, 0-4) in the Black Hills.
Ryan Williams scored on a 95-yard kick return, and Tyree Johnson added a touchdown on a 54-yard punt return.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Through the years: Bell-Avon rings out in program’s finale
- Close loss in title game cannot diminish Clairton’s ‘great season’
- High school notebook: Records tumble during PIAA football title games
- WPIAL’s Top 10 football champions of all time
- Pine-Richland falls short in PIAA Class AAAA final
- High school notebook: WPIAL adjusts to accommodate Armstrong merger
- Pine-Richland has new look for defending champ St. Joseph’s Prep