Road to 60: Clairton the bully of Black Hills
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Up next: Fort Cherry (2-2), 7:30 p.m., Friday
Winning streaks: Clairton 51, Central Bucks West 59
Clairton is back to being the bully of the Black Hills Conference, averaging 52 points the past three games.
The 52-7 victory at previously undefeated Monessen last Thursday night marked the 19th time in its 51-game winning streak that Clairton scored 50 points or more in a game.
Overshadowed in the WPIAL record-setting streak is Clairton's defensive dominance. The Bears have held opponents to single digits 45 times, with 27 shutouts.
The defense has not only been oppressive but opportunistic. Devonte Harvey's fumble recovery at the Monessen 15 set up one touchdown, and Tyus Booker scored after recovering a bad snap at the 7-yard line.
Clairton is giving new meaning to Bad News Bears.
— Kevin Gorman
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- High school football notebook: Official’s decision impacts WPIAL Class AAAA title game
- Clairton wins 11th WPIAL football championship
- Pine-Richland tops defending champ Central Catholic to capture WPIAL title
- Central Valley beats rival West Allegheny to win WPIAL Class AAA championship
- South Fayette again defeats Aliquippa to defend WPIAL Class AA title
- WPIAL Class A notebook: Clairton climbs all-time title list
- WPIAL’s Top 10 football champions of all time
- WPIAL Class AA notebook: South Fayette’s Brumbaugh closes in on state passing record
- Gorman: Aliquippa football program on record run
- Now healthy, Central Valley quarterback George ‘hungry’ for win
- Explosive offense carries Pine-Richland into finals