TribLIVE Sports Videos
After two disappointing performances against Keystone Shortway Athletic Conference Small School division foes, Karns City finally flexed its Large School division muscle during a 34-7 win over Keystone on Friday night.
The Gremlins (4-2) accumulated more than 600 yards — 443 in the first half alone — and scored five rushing touchdowns in the victory, which stood in contrast to disappointing losses to Clarion and Union by double-digit margins.
Junior Dakota Mohney scored twice, and juniors Tyler Kepple, Jake Laughery and Adam Whited each found the end zone once.
Keystone (2-4) did not score in the first half due, in part, to interceptions by Ethan Conto, Christian Turner and Tyler Dunn, who grabbed two.
Moniteau 32, Redbank Valley 8 — The Bulldogs (0-6) held Moniteau (1-5) scoreless through one quarter of the Keystone Shortway Athletic Conference non-division game, but junior running back Dustin Geagan scored back-to-back touchdowns — one of them a 48-yarder — to help the Warriors pull away in the first half.
Bam Bailey scored Redbank Valley's lone touchdown in the third quarter.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Armstrong football captures 7-on-7 title at All-Kiski Valley competition
- Players benefit from A-K Valley 7-on-7, Big Man Challenge
- Area coaches prefer staying put for camp
- Kiski Area to host Alle-Kiski Valley 7-on-7 Passing Competition and Big Man Challenge
- Bellinotti brings changes to Burrell football
- Football coach Loughran settles in at Fox Chapel
- Norwin football uses WCCA 7-on-7 event to prepare for upcoming season
- PIAA takes steps to shorten football season 1 week