TribLIVE Sports Videos
After two disappointing performances against Keystone Shortway Athletic Conference Small School division foes, Karns City finally flexed its Large School division muscle during a 34-7 win over Keystone on Friday night.
The Gremlins (4-2) accumulated more than 600 yards — 443 in the first half alone — and scored five rushing touchdowns in the victory, which stood in contrast to disappointing losses to Clarion and Union by double-digit margins.
Junior Dakota Mohney scored twice, and juniors Tyler Kepple, Jake Laughery and Adam Whited each found the end zone once.
Keystone (2-4) did not score in the first half due, in part, to interceptions by Ethan Conto, Christian Turner and Tyler Dunn, who grabbed two.
Moniteau 32, Redbank Valley 8 — The Bulldogs (0-6) held Moniteau (1-5) scoreless through one quarter of the Keystone Shortway Athletic Conference non-division game, but junior running back Dustin Geagan scored back-to-back touchdowns — one of them a 48-yarder — to help the Warriors pull away in the first half.
Bam Bailey scored Redbank Valley's lone touchdown in the third quarter.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- High school roundup: Seton-La Salle captures Century Conference win
- Jackson brothers lead way as Highlands rolls in Class AA debut over Ford City
- Trueman sparks North Allegheny’s 14-0 victory over Seneca Valley
- High school roundup: Greensburg Salem shocks Gateway in opener
- Mars RB Schultheis could be out for season
- Wilkinsburg holds off Leechburg
- Pine-Richland’s Gastion primed for another big year
- Thomas Jefferson runs past Ringgold
- California victim of Clairton’s ‘statement’
- Valley edges emotional Burrell team on OT field goal
- QB leads Kittanning to season-opening victory over Deer Lakes