Local roundup: Clairton knocks off Brentwood
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Tyler Boyd ran 17 times for 237 yards and three touchdowns as top-ranked Clairton (6-0, 6-0) earned a 42-7 win over Brentwood (3-3, 3-3) in the Class A Black Hills Conference on Friday night. Armani Ford threw for 123 yards and touchdowns of 25 and 56 yards to Terrish Webb, who caught four passes for 105 yards.
Woodland Hills 35, Baldwin 7 — Cody McClelland threw for 124 yards and three touchdowns to lead No. 7 Woodland Hills (4-2, 3-2) to the Quad Central win at Baldwin (1-5, 1-5). Miles Sanders added rushing touchdowns of 13 and 46 yards for the Wolverines.
Thomas Jefferson 45, Laurel Highlands 6 — Jake Farrell rushed for 106 yards, including scores of 47, 11 and 5 yards, as No. 3 Thomas Jefferson (6-0, 5-0) cruised to a Class AAA Big 9 victory. Joe Carroll threw for 120 yards and a pair of touchdown passes to Zach Schademan.
West Allegheny 35, Steel Valley 7 — D'Andre Pickens rushed for 166 yards, including an 89-yard touchdown for Class AA Steel Valley (3-3), but it wasn't enough in a nonconference loss to Class AAA No. 7 West Allegheny (5-1).
Shady Side Academy 33, East Allegheny 20 — East Allegheny's K.J. Marshall scored three times, on an 85-yard run, a 24-yard run and on a 6-yard pass from Kyle Whipple, but it wasn't enough for the Ironmen (1-5, 1-5) in a Class AA Allegheny Conference loss.
Jarred Brevard ran nine times for 127 yards and touchdowns of 66 and 56 yards for Shady Side Academy (4-2, 4-2).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Charleroi-Cal only 10th game in town
- Latrobe boys soccer team competes in WPIAL playoffs for 1st time in 22 years
- HS highlight reel: Hearings scheduled before WPIAL board
- High school notebook: Plenty to play for in GAC in Week 9
- Charleroi’s Shannon Player of the Week
- Pine-Richland knocks off No. 1 Central Catholic, takes conference title
- Pine-Richland football team looks to stun another Quad North rival
- What a rush: Aliquippa keeps rolling
- Clairton gets its revenge against Monessen
- HS highlight reel: Quite a weekend for Penn-Traffod’s Aunkst
- Highlands continues Allegheny domination in win over Valley