Local roundup: Yough knocks off Waynsburg in Interstate
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Tyler Donahue completed 16 of 25 passes for 232 yards and a touchdown as Yough (3-4, 3-3) earned a 42-15 decision over Waynesburg (1-6, 1-6) in Class AA Interstate Conference play Friday night. Tom Sever rushed 14 times for 161 yards and two touchdowns for Yough, while Hunter Cenname ran 14 times for 112 yards and a touchdown in the loss.
Steel Valley 26, South Park 21 — Steel Valley improved to 4-3 overall and 4-2 in the Class AA Century Conference with a key victory at South Park (3-4, 3-3). The Ironmen are in fourth place in the Century Conference.
Woodland Hills 45, Canon-McMillan 16 — Woodland Hills jumped out to a 21-0 first-quarter lead and held a 38-7 halftime advantage en route to a Quad Central win. The Wolverines (5-2, 4-2) got touchdowns from Tom Greene, Cody McClelland, Miles Sanders, Dezuan Brown, DeQuan White and Deonte Kelly. Brown scored on a fumble return and fumble recovery in the end zone.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- TJ roll to 4th straight win, rout Elizabeth Forward
- Charleroi suffers a ‘Devil’ of a time in Burgettstown
- Ringgold rolls over West Mifflin
- Late FG again wins it for Valley
- Clairton allows 2 scores but still sprints past Springdale
- Gateway edges Knoch after deflected pass goes for TD
- West Greene outlasts Serra Catholic in 4 overtimes
- Penn Hills runs past Mt. Lebanon defense
- BVA falls to Hollidaysburg in OT
- High school roundup: No. 9 North Allegheny takes down Upper St. Clair
- No. 8 Greensburg Central Catholic outlasts Riverview