Local roundup: Yough knocks off Waynsburg in Interstate
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Tyler Donahue completed 16 of 25 passes for 232 yards and a touchdown as Yough (3-4, 3-3) earned a 42-15 decision over Waynesburg (1-6, 1-6) in Class AA Interstate Conference play Friday night. Tom Sever rushed 14 times for 161 yards and two touchdowns for Yough, while Hunter Cenname ran 14 times for 112 yards and a touchdown in the loss.
Steel Valley 26, South Park 21 — Steel Valley improved to 4-3 overall and 4-2 in the Class AA Century Conference with a key victory at South Park (3-4, 3-3). The Ironmen are in fourth place in the Century Conference.
Woodland Hills 45, Canon-McMillan 16 — Woodland Hills jumped out to a 21-0 first-quarter lead and held a 38-7 halftime advantage en route to a Quad Central win. The Wolverines (5-2, 4-2) got touchdowns from Tom Greene, Cody McClelland, Miles Sanders, Dezuan Brown, DeQuan White and Deonte Kelly. Brown scored on a fumble return and fumble recovery in the end zone.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Big games all around the area
- Clairton prepares for rugged Jeannette by routing Riverview
- Through the years: Brown’s heroics lead Burrell to win
- High school notebook: WPIAL title games could stay at The Pete, Heinz Field
- Unbeaten Ringgold, BVA to collide for conference supremacy.
- VND high school notebook: Kiski Area’s Heavner keeps things interesting
- Previewing some of Western Pennsylvania’s top Week 6 matchups
- PIAA votes to expand classifications in football, other sports
- Surprising starts vault football teams into WPIAL playoff picture
- Tri-County South lead at stake when Frazier, Beth-Center clash
- Through the years: Leechburg edges Freeport in mud