Local roundup: Yough knocks off Waynsburg in Interstate
By Staff Reports
Published: Saturday, Oct. 13, 2012, 1:04 a.m.
Tyler Donahue completed 16 of 25 passes for 232 yards and a touchdown as Yough (3-4, 3-3) earned a 42-15 decision over Waynesburg (1-6, 1-6) in Class AA Interstate Conference play Friday night. Tom Sever rushed 14 times for 161 yards and two touchdowns for Yough, while Hunter Cenname ran 14 times for 112 yards and a touchdown in the loss.
Steel Valley 26, South Park 21 — Steel Valley improved to 4-3 overall and 4-2 in the Class AA Century Conference with a key victory at South Park (3-4, 3-3). The Ironmen are in fourth place in the Century Conference.
Woodland Hills 45, Canon-McMillan 16 — Woodland Hills jumped out to a 21-0 first-quarter lead and held a 38-7 halftime advantage en route to a Quad Central win. The Wolverines (5-2, 4-2) got touchdowns from Tom Greene, Cody McClelland, Miles Sanders, Dezuan Brown, DeQuan White and Deonte Kelly. Brown scored on a fumble return and fumble recovery in the end zone.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- UPMC to city: Try to tax our subsidiaries
- New Castle woman pleads guilty in pursuit death of police officer
- Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band to play Consol on April 22
- Cueto gets best of Bucs, as Reds take series
- Starkey: Fleury’s future at stake
- Obama hopes to replicate CCAC job training efforts across U.S.
- Connellsville area benefits from tourism grant program
- Bassist McBride stresses attitude for jazz hopefuls
- Authorities plan to withdraw charge against bullied South Fayette student
- Jailed Hribal ‘fine,’ but family ‘terrible’ as answers in stabbing sought
- Police: Volunteer firefighter admits to setting fires