Local roundup: Yough knocks off Waynsburg in Interstate
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Tyler Donahue completed 16 of 25 passes for 232 yards and a touchdown as Yough (3-4, 3-3) earned a 42-15 decision over Waynesburg (1-6, 1-6) in Class AA Interstate Conference play Friday night. Tom Sever rushed 14 times for 161 yards and two touchdowns for Yough, while Hunter Cenname ran 14 times for 112 yards and a touchdown in the loss.
Steel Valley 26, South Park 21 — Steel Valley improved to 4-3 overall and 4-2 in the Class AA Century Conference with a key victory at South Park (3-4, 3-3). The Ironmen are in fourth place in the Century Conference.
Woodland Hills 45, Canon-McMillan 16 — Woodland Hills jumped out to a 21-0 first-quarter lead and held a 38-7 halftime advantage en route to a Quad Central win. The Wolverines (5-2, 4-2) got touchdowns from Tom Greene, Cody McClelland, Miles Sanders, Dezuan Brown, DeQuan White and Deonte Kelly. Brown scored on a fumble return and fumble recovery in the end zone.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Class AAAA breakdown: Wealth of talent places target on Central Catholic
- Class AAA breakdown: Armstrong merger shakes up Greater Allegheny Conference
- New football uniforms can change perceptions, help establish identity
- Some of the WPIAL’s top teams leaning toward two-back ground game
- Class AA breakdown: Dynamic offense to again lead 2-time PIAA champion South Fayette
- Gorman: Don’t judge WPIAL by the cover
- Class A breakdown: Teams going Bear hunting again this season chasing Clairton
- Merger sparks position battles at Armstrong
- From football savvy to smarts, Freeport’s Thimons seems to have it all
- Birdie says heat is on for another season of football picks
- Jeannette’s long lineage of successful football coaches has program nearing 700 victories