Ringgold-Trinity game postponed
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ringgold's Big Nine Conference game against Trinity scheduled for tonight at Joe Montana Stadium has been postponed due a water main break.
Ringgold Athletic Director Ron McMichael said this afternoon that there is no water available at the school or the stadium, making it impossible to play the game.
McMichael said that plans are now to play the game at 2 p.m. Saturday at Ringgold.
The game has playoff implications in that Trinity must win to qualify for the WPIAL Class AAA playoffs.
If Ringgold (4-4, 4-3) beats Trinity (4-4, 4-3) and Belle Vernon Area (3-5, 3-4) beats Albert Gallatin (0-8, 0-7), then BVA will make the playoffs and Trinity will hope to get a wild card berth.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- South Fayette, Karns City set for rematch in PIAA quarterfinals
- WPIAL’s Top 10 football champions of all time
- Pine-Richland tops defending champ Central Catholic to capture WPIAL title
- PIAA quarterfinalists Central Valley, Conneaut sharing success after mergers
- Central Valley beats rival West Allegheny to win WPIAL Class AAA championship
- Liotta, Petrishen represent AK-Valley at WPIAL football finals
- High school football notebook: Official’s decision impacts WPIAL Class AAAA title game
- Pine-Richland’s ‘Neil’ the ram has happy home
- From venues to playoff format, much has changed in 100 years of WPIAL championships
- Penn Hills relishes conference title, reflects on season
- Law makes Big Nine first team — on defense