Ringgold-Trinity game postponed
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ringgold's Big Nine Conference game against Trinity scheduled for tonight at Joe Montana Stadium has been postponed due a water main break.
Ringgold Athletic Director Ron McMichael said this afternoon that there is no water available at the school or the stadium, making it impossible to play the game.
McMichael said that plans are now to play the game at 2 p.m. Saturday at Ringgold.
The game has playoff implications in that Trinity must win to qualify for the WPIAL Class AAA playoffs.
If Ringgold (4-4, 4-3) beats Trinity (4-4, 4-3) and Belle Vernon Area (3-5, 3-4) beats Albert Gallatin (0-8, 0-7), then BVA will make the playoffs and Trinity will hope to get a wild card berth.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Frazier’s Ross is Player of the Week
- HS highlight reel: Red, White & Blue Invite set for Saturday
- Previewing Week 1 high school football matchups
- Experienced Bishop Canevin football team raising its expectations
- Valley edges emotional Burrell team on OT field goal
- California victim of Clairton’s ‘statement’
- Belle Vernon Area trounces Trinity in Humbert’s debut
- Valley Independent roundup: Yough, Elizabeth Forward, Bentworth fall
- H.S. Picks ‘tunes’ up for new season
- Through the years: Heard’s TD capped Valley rally
- WPIAL coaches, quarterbacks have concerns about using newly approved footballs