Ringgold-Trinity game postponed
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ringgold's Big Nine Conference game against Trinity scheduled for tonight at Joe Montana Stadium has been postponed due a water main break.
Ringgold Athletic Director Ron McMichael said this afternoon that there is no water available at the school or the stadium, making it impossible to play the game.
McMichael said that plans are now to play the game at 2 p.m. Saturday at Ringgold.
The game has playoff implications in that Trinity must win to qualify for the WPIAL Class AAA playoffs.
If Ringgold (4-4, 4-3) beats Trinity (4-4, 4-3) and Belle Vernon Area (3-5, 3-4) beats Albert Gallatin (0-8, 0-7), then BVA will make the playoffs and Trinity will hope to get a wild card berth.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Senior guard paves way for Woodland Hills’ elite running game
- Westinghouse assistant coach placed on leave
- Gorman: East Allegheny’s Edwards performs juggling act
- Hanus set to lead Riverview’s offense under center
- Junior class filled with potential for talent-laden Frazier football team
- Expectations remain high at Ringgold
- Birdie says heat is on for another season of football picks
- Three sets of identical twins punctuate roster at Redbank Valley
- HSFB preview: New coaches set to lead teams to victory
- Uniontown’s Washington poised to have breakout season
- Merger sparks position battles at Armstrong