Ringgold-Trinity game postponed
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ringgold's Big Nine Conference game against Trinity scheduled for tonight at Joe Montana Stadium has been postponed due a water main break.
Ringgold Athletic Director Ron McMichael said this afternoon that there is no water available at the school or the stadium, making it impossible to play the game.
McMichael said that plans are now to play the game at 2 p.m. Saturday at Ringgold.
The game has playoff implications in that Trinity must win to qualify for the WPIAL Class AAA playoffs.
If Ringgold (4-4, 4-3) beats Trinity (4-4, 4-3) and Belle Vernon Area (3-5, 3-4) beats Albert Gallatin (0-8, 0-7), then BVA will make the playoffs and Trinity will hope to get a wild card berth.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- HS highlight reel: Pair of title games to be on tape delay Saturday
- South Fayette, Aliquippa form unique traditions for Thanksgiving Day
- Strong running game has propelled Thomas Jefferson into WPIAL title game
- Seneca Valley football team hopes to improve in offseason
- PIAA Class AA first-round preview: Karns City vs. Bedford
- Jeannette two-way star Sanders has Jayhawks back at Heinz Field
- Jeannette junior Swinton says ‘football is my life’
- High school notebook: New classes put football finalists on the move next season
- Gorman: Look out for unsung hero
- HS highlight reel: Winter season set to tip off Dec. 4
- Frazier football well represented in all-conference honors