Baldwin running back Brown commits to Ohio University
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Baldwin running back Dorian Brown has given a verbal commitment to play football at Ohio University, choosing the 24th-ranked Bobcats of the Mid-American Conference over the U.S. Naval Academy.
“I liked the atmosphere,” said Brown, who visited the Athens campus last week for Ohio's 34-28 victory over Akron. “The campus is pretty nice.”
Brown also had scholarship offers from Akron and Buffalo, as well as Division I-AA programs Duquesne, Robert Morris, Massachusetts and Youngstown State.
The 5-foot-11, 200-pound Brown has rushed for 2,900 yards and 31 touchdowns in three seasons as a starter for the Fighting Highlanders. After rushing for 1,292 yards and 10 touchdowns as a junior, he has 877 yards and 10 touchdowns on 129 carries in eight games this season, an average of 6.8 yards per carry and 125.3 yards per game.
Kevin Gorman is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 412-320-7812.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- WPIAL’s Top 10 football champions of all time
- High school football notebook: Official’s decision impacts WPIAL Class AAAA title game
- WPIAL Class AAA notebook: Central Valley to face another merger in PIAA playoffs
- WPIAL Class A notebook: Clairton climbs all-time title list
- Explosive offense carries Pine-Richland into finals
- Monessen places four on Eastern’s Second Team
- WPIAL Class AAAA notebook: Pine-Richland has titles in 3 classifications
- WPIAL Class AA notebook: South Fayette’s Brumbaugh closes in on state passing record
- Frazier gets nine on T-C South squad
- Central Valley beats rival West Allegheny to win WPIAL Class AAA championship
- Central Catholic wildcat Petrishen wild card in game vs. Pine-Richland