Baldwin running back Brown commits to Ohio University
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Baldwin running back Dorian Brown has given a verbal commitment to play football at Ohio University, choosing the 24th-ranked Bobcats of the Mid-American Conference over the U.S. Naval Academy.
“I liked the atmosphere,” said Brown, who visited the Athens campus last week for Ohio's 34-28 victory over Akron. “The campus is pretty nice.”
Brown also had scholarship offers from Akron and Buffalo, as well as Division I-AA programs Duquesne, Robert Morris, Massachusetts and Youngstown State.
The 5-foot-11, 200-pound Brown has rushed for 2,900 yards and 31 touchdowns in three seasons as a starter for the Fighting Highlanders. After rushing for 1,292 yards and 10 touchdowns as a junior, he has 877 yards and 10 touchdowns on 129 carries in eight games this season, an average of 6.8 yards per carry and 125.3 yards per game.
Kevin Gorman is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-320-7812.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- PIAA quarterfinalists Central Valley, Conneaut sharing success after mergers
- South Fayette, Karns City set for rematch in PIAA quarterfinals
- Scoring record within reach for Clairton
- Monessen places four on Eastern’s Second Team
- Penn Hills relishes conference title, reflects on season
- WPIAL Class AAAA notebook: Pine-Richland has titles in 3 classifications
- Brentwood’s Conroy shares top conference award on defense
- Kittanning plays No. 2 Aliquippa in 1st round of WPIAL football playoffs
- Jaguars enter ‘Final Four’ territory in WPIAL Class AAA football
- Karns City, Chestnut Ridge set for 3rd straight PIAA football clash
- Thomas Jefferson gridders post 3rd straight 11-1 record