Baldwin running back Brown commits to Ohio University
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Baldwin running back Dorian Brown has given a verbal commitment to play football at Ohio University, choosing the 24th-ranked Bobcats of the Mid-American Conference over the U.S. Naval Academy.
“I liked the atmosphere,” said Brown, who visited the Athens campus last week for Ohio's 34-28 victory over Akron. “The campus is pretty nice.”
Brown also had scholarship offers from Akron and Buffalo, as well as Division I-AA programs Duquesne, Robert Morris, Massachusetts and Youngstown State.
The 5-foot-11, 200-pound Brown has rushed for 2,900 yards and 31 touchdowns in three seasons as a starter for the Fighting Highlanders. After rushing for 1,292 yards and 10 touchdowns as a junior, he has 877 yards and 10 touchdowns on 129 carries in eight games this season, an average of 6.8 yards per carry and 125.3 yards per game.
Kevin Gorman is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-320-7812.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Frazier’s Patterson Player of the Week
- Heritage Conference favorite Blairsville looks to stay unbeaten against rival Ligonier Valley
- Leader Times Q&A: Ford City’s John Bittner
- Gateway edges Knoch after deflected pass goes for TD
- Plum’s surge hands Norwin 1st loss, 23-14
- High school roundup: No. 9 North Allegheny takes down Upper St. Clair
- Robinson scores 4 TDs as Blairsville stays undefeated
- HS highlight reel: SF wrestler Walker chooses Kent State