Baldwin running back Brown commits to Ohio University
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Baldwin running back Dorian Brown has given a verbal commitment to play football at Ohio University, choosing the 24th-ranked Bobcats of the Mid-American Conference over the U.S. Naval Academy.
“I liked the atmosphere,” said Brown, who visited the Athens campus last week for Ohio's 34-28 victory over Akron. “The campus is pretty nice.”
Brown also had scholarship offers from Akron and Buffalo, as well as Division I-AA programs Duquesne, Robert Morris, Massachusetts and Youngstown State.
The 5-foot-11, 200-pound Brown has rushed for 2,900 yards and 31 touchdowns in three seasons as a starter for the Fighting Highlanders. After rushing for 1,292 yards and 10 touchdowns as a junior, he has 877 yards and 10 touchdowns on 129 carries in eight games this season, an average of 6.8 yards per carry and 125.3 yards per game.
Kevin Gorman is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 412-320-7812.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- High school football roundup: No. 13 Riverside upsets Beth-Center in 1st round
- Leader Times roundup: West Shamokin football ends season with win, reaches .500
- Plum upsets Penn Hills, 17-6, in 1st-round playoff game
- Mars rides Rinaman’s 6 TDs to win
- Highlands quarterback Thimons ‘wills’ his team to victory over New Brighton
- Franklin Regional deals Belle Vernon 11th straight playoff loss
- Apollo-Ridge stands tall in 58-40 victory over Beaver Falls
- Pine-Richland rolls past Connellsville in 1st round
- Woodland Hills’ potent rushing attack deflates North Hills, 41-2
- No. 2 Quips hasten end of Kittanning football
- Jeannette rallies past Brentwood in 1st-round rout