Baldwin running back Brown commits to Ohio University
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Baldwin running back Dorian Brown has given a verbal commitment to play football at Ohio University, choosing the 24th-ranked Bobcats of the Mid-American Conference over the U.S. Naval Academy.
“I liked the atmosphere,” said Brown, who visited the Athens campus last week for Ohio's 34-28 victory over Akron. “The campus is pretty nice.”
Brown also had scholarship offers from Akron and Buffalo, as well as Division I-AA programs Duquesne, Robert Morris, Massachusetts and Youngstown State.
The 5-foot-11, 200-pound Brown has rushed for 2,900 yards and 31 touchdowns in three seasons as a starter for the Fighting Highlanders. After rushing for 1,292 yards and 10 touchdowns as a junior, he has 877 yards and 10 touchdowns on 129 carries in eight games this season, an average of 6.8 yards per carry and 125.3 yards per game.
Kevin Gorman is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-320-7812.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Latrobe boys soccer team competes in WPIAL playoffs for 1st time in 22 years
- HS highlight reel: Hearings scheduled before WPIAL board
- Charleroi-Cal only 10th game in town
- High school notebook: Plenty to play for in GAC in Week 9
- Charleroi’s Shannon Player of the Week
- Standout kickers around the WPIAL offer valuable, reliable service
- Franklin Regional duo benefits from preseason QB competition
- Statewide HSFB notebook: After blackout, McDevitt downs Cedar Cliff in two-day game
- Daily News Q&A: Curtis Moore, South Allegheny
- Previewing some of Western Pa.’s top matchups for Week 8
- Local playoff pickings could be slim