High school roundup: Trinity clinches 3rd place in Big 9
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Trinity's football team scored third place in the Class AAA Big 9 Conference with a 31-30 victory in double overtime Saturday at Ringgold.
Don McWreath scored on a 1-yard run, and Sam Trapuzzano's extra point gave Trinity a seven-point lead in the second overtime.
Demetrius Louis, who rushed for 118 yards and two touchdowns, scored for Ringgold on the ensuing possession, but the two-point conversion failed.
The game decided the postseason order in the Big 9: Thomas Jefferson (8-0), West Mifflin (7-1), Trinity (5-3), Elizabeth Forward (5-3), Ringgold (4-4) and Belle Vernon (4-4), which earned the Class AAA wild-card berth.
Western Beaver 20, South Side Beaver 15 — Zach Perry scored on runs of 13 and 3 yards, and Steve Robinson added a 5-yard TD carry to give Western Beaver (3-6, 2-6) a Class A Big Seven Conference win.
Jonathan Magusiak kicked a 24-yard field goal and scored on a 9-yard run for South Side Beaver (2-7, 1-7).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Statewide high school football notebook: Longtime Berwick coach set to begin final season
- Center Klejka poised to lead Mt. Plesant offensive line
- Hydration, nutrition are key factors in avoiding early-season cramps
- Montour seeks early Parkway edge against Central Valley
- Ringgold-TJ: Big 10 powers colliding
- Technology goes to Birdie’s head
- Game of firsts approaches for Armstrong football
- Don’t miss matchups for Week 1 of WPIAL football season
- Valley will feature dynamic duo in Bradley, King
- Gateway to offer early test for Greensburg Salem
- Daily Courier Q&A: Connellsville’s Steven White