High school roundup: Trinity clinches 3rd place in Big 9
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Trinity's football team scored third place in the Class AAA Big 9 Conference with a 31-30 victory in double overtime Saturday at Ringgold.
Don McWreath scored on a 1-yard run, and Sam Trapuzzano's extra point gave Trinity a seven-point lead in the second overtime.
Demetrius Louis, who rushed for 118 yards and two touchdowns, scored for Ringgold on the ensuing possession, but the two-point conversion failed.
The game decided the postseason order in the Big 9: Thomas Jefferson (8-0), West Mifflin (7-1), Trinity (5-3), Elizabeth Forward (5-3), Ringgold (4-4) and Belle Vernon (4-4), which earned the Class AAA wild-card berth.
Western Beaver 20, South Side Beaver 15 — Zach Perry scored on runs of 13 and 3 yards, and Steve Robinson added a 5-yard TD carry to give Western Beaver (3-6, 2-6) a Class A Big Seven Conference win.
Jonathan Magusiak kicked a 24-yard field goal and scored on a 9-yard run for South Side Beaver (2-7, 1-7).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- BVA assistant enjoys ‘special’ part of game
- HS highlight reel: Highmark set to host HS matches
- Latrobe girls volleyball increases pace of play to compete in Section 1-AAA
- Pevarnik’s scoring binge leads GCC to 15-12 victory over Monessen
- Team effort pushes Penn-Trafford past Kiski Area
- High school roundup: Greensburg Salem shocks Gateway in opener
- Pine-Richland loaded for playoff push
- Southmoreland thrills home crowd with 25-24 victory over Charleroi
- North Hills defeats Fox Chapel
- Tipton accounts for 4 TDs in Apollo-Ridge’s 41-21 victory over West Shamokin
- Pittsburgh Tribune-Review Q&A: Mars’ Josh Schultheis