High school roundup: Trinity clinches 3rd place in Big 9
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Trinity's football team scored third place in the Class AAA Big 9 Conference with a 31-30 victory in double overtime Saturday at Ringgold.
Don McWreath scored on a 1-yard run, and Sam Trapuzzano's extra point gave Trinity a seven-point lead in the second overtime.
Demetrius Louis, who rushed for 118 yards and two touchdowns, scored for Ringgold on the ensuing possession, but the two-point conversion failed.
The game decided the postseason order in the Big 9: Thomas Jefferson (8-0), West Mifflin (7-1), Trinity (5-3), Elizabeth Forward (5-3), Ringgold (4-4) and Belle Vernon (4-4), which earned the Class AAA wild-card berth.
Western Beaver 20, South Side Beaver 15 — Zach Perry scored on runs of 13 and 3 yards, and Steve Robinson added a 5-yard TD carry to give Western Beaver (3-6, 2-6) a Class A Big Seven Conference win.
Jonathan Magusiak kicked a 24-yard field goal and scored on a 9-yard run for South Side Beaver (2-7, 1-7).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pine-Richland hopes to avoid ‘drop off’ against State College
- Through the years: A look at final games of A-K Valley schools
- WPIAL’s Top 10 football champions of all time
- Law makes Big Nine first team — on defense
- Karns City uses bruising running game to gain comeback win over Chestnut Ridge
- Central Valley beats rival West Allegheny to win WPIAL Class AAA championship
- South Fayette again defeats Aliquippa to defend WPIAL Class AA title
- Clairton wins 11th WPIAL football championship
- Scoring record within reach for Clairton