High school roundup: Trinity clinches 3rd place in Big 9
By Staff Reports
Published: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 6:40 p.m.
Updated: Saturday, October 27, 2012
Trinity's football team scored third place in the Class AAA Big 9 Conference with a 31-30 victory in double overtime Saturday at Ringgold.
Don McWreath scored on a 1-yard run, and Sam Trapuzzano's extra point gave Trinity a seven-point lead in the second overtime.
Demetrius Louis, who rushed for 118 yards and two touchdowns, scored for Ringgold on the ensuing possession, but the two-point conversion failed.
The game decided the postseason order in the Big 9: Thomas Jefferson (8-0), West Mifflin (7-1), Trinity (5-3), Elizabeth Forward (5-3), Ringgold (4-4) and Belle Vernon (4-4), which earned the Class AAA wild-card berth.
Western Beaver 20, South Side Beaver 15 — Zach Perry scored on runs of 13 and 3 yards, and Steve Robinson added a 5-yard TD carry to give Western Beaver (3-6, 2-6) a Class A Big Seven Conference win.
Jonathan Magusiak kicked a 24-yard field goal and scored on a 9-yard run for South Side Beaver (2-7, 1-7).
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
- Kovacevic: Pens improve under microscope
- Storm won’t pack as big of a punch in W.Pa.
- ‘We did it!’ Peduto tells city, as he defeats Wagner
- Neal’s solid play soon could pay off on scoresheet for Penguins
- NHL Insider: Time is right for Jokinen’s return
- Cozza, Tranquilli win nods for judge
- Senators get vote of confidence
- Westinghouse hires regional president
- Cordaro, George Jr. top ballots for judge
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.