McGuffey knocks off Laurel Highlands in Week 10 game
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Jim Pierce threw for 116 yards, including a 9-yard touchdown pass to Corey Dascenzo, but Laurel Highlands dropped a 41-20 decision to McGuffey in a Week 10 nonconference game Wednesday night.
Pierce also scored on a 1-yard run, and Jason Leone scored on a 2-yard run for Laurel Highlands (1-9).
James Duchi rushed for 329 yards and four touchdowns for McGuffey (5-5).
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Statewide high school football notebook: Clairton’s scoring gaining attention across Pa.
- HS highlight reel: Plum suspends soccer coach for season
- Through the years: Vikings rolled in hurricane-delayed game
- Alle-Kiski Valley HSFB notebook: Petrishen makes stop in Alle-Kiski Valley
- Schoolboy pick of the week: BVA
- Previewing some of Week 4’s top matchups
- Kittanning’s explosive offense to face stiff challenge from stingy Highlands defenders
- Undefeated Seton-La Salle, Steel Valley meet with Century lead at stake
- Belle Vernon: This is no meaningless game
- Daily News Q&A: Clairton’s James Hines
- H.S. Picks catches Bucco Fever