WPIAL sets football quarterfinal sites
By Kevin Gorman
Published: Monday, November 5, 2012, 10:38 a.m.
Updated: Monday, November 5, 2012
The WPIAL has set the sites for Friday's 16 football quarterfinal-round playoff games.
In Class AAAA, North Allegheny will play Bethel Park at North Hills; Seneca Valley-Mt. Lebanon at North Allegheny; Gateway-Woodland Hills at Norwin; and Upper St. Clair-Central Catholic at Baldwin.
In Class AAA, Thomas Jefferson will play Franklin Regional at Elizabeth Forward; West Allegheny-Montour at Chartiers Valley; Mars-West Mifflin at Fox Chapel; and Central Valley-Hopewell at Ambridge.
In Class AA, Aliquippa will play Mt. Pleasant at Peters Township; Jeannette-Beaver at Hampton; South Fayette-Beaver Falls at Moon; and Washington-Seton-La Salle at Canon-McMillan.
In Class A, Clairton will play Brentwood at Belle Vernon; Neshannock-Monessen at Chartiers-Houston; Sto-Rox-Union at Mars; and Rochester-North Catholic at Dormont Stadium.
All games are scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m.
Kevin Gorman is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Penguins notebook: Malkin makes points run
- Behind Crosby’s hat trick, Penguins sneak past Senators
- Penguins far from satisfied after Game 2
- Kovacevic: The smartest man in hockey
- Ex-Steelers QB Batch learns new form of 2-minute drill
- Pirates notebook: NL Central not so soft after all
- Senators notebook: Penguins’ Bylsma backs MacLean for Adams Award
- Former Pirates prospect Grossman now starting in center for Houston
- Error in 9th allows Pirates to rally past Astros
- Sixty hurt as Connecticut commuter trains collide
- Pittsburgh officer’s off-duty heroics give toddler chance to live
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.