North Allegheny cruises into Class AAAA final
Published: Friday, November 16, 2012, 11:50 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
North Allegheny quarterback Mack Leftwich accounted for 439 yards of offense and seven touchdowns as two-time defending WPIAL champion North Allegheny (12-0) routed Seneca Valley (10-2), 41-17, in the Class AAAA semifinals at North Hills.
Leftwich was 18 for 23 for 360 yards and seven passing touchdowns. He also had 19 carries for a team-high 79 yards and two rushing touchdowns for the Tigers.
Washington 26, South Fayette 14 — Shai McKenzie rushed for 293 yards and four touchdowns to lead No. 3 Washington (12-0) to a 26-14 victory over No. 2 South Fayette (11-2) in the WPIAL Class AA semifinals at Chartiers Valley High School.
South Fayette's Brett Brumbaugh threw for 218 yards and a touchdown and ran for another score, but he also tossed two interceptions.
Aliquippa 56, Jeannette 0 — At Peters Township, Dravon Henry rushed for 171 yards and top-seeded Aliquippa (12-0) capitalized on six Jeannette (10-2) turnovers resulting in five touchdowns to bury the fourth-seeded Jayhawks and advance to its fifth consecutive Class AA championship game.
Sto-Rox 34, North Catholic 20 — Lenny Williams rushed for two touchdowns and passed for two more as No. 2 Sto-Rox (11-1) edged North Catholic in the WPIAL Class A semifinals at Dormont Stadium. Running back P.J. Fulmore ran for 204 yards on 33 carries to lead sixth-seeded North Catholic (9-3). Williams completed 12 of 18 passes for 184 yards and rushed for 90 on 18 carries.
- Clairton’s Boyd makes quite an impression in Big 33 victory
- Cathell joins Pa. Football Coaches Hall of Fame
- Tri-County all-star football game boasts local flavor
- Jeter set to represent Gateway at Big 33 Classic all-star game
- Pennsylvania team set to reignite rivalry with Maryland in annual Big 33 Football Classic
- Two Gateway players nominated for national all-star football game
- Heavy mid-Mon Valley flavor on South squad for all-star football game