North Allegheny cruises into Class AAAA final
TribLIVE Sports Videos
North Allegheny quarterback Mack Leftwich accounted for 439 yards of offense and seven touchdowns as two-time defending WPIAL champion North Allegheny (12-0) routed Seneca Valley (10-2), 41-17, in the Class AAAA semifinals at North Hills.
Leftwich was 18 for 23 for 360 yards and seven passing touchdowns. He also had 19 carries for a team-high 79 yards and two rushing touchdowns for the Tigers.
Washington 26, South Fayette 14 — Shai McKenzie rushed for 293 yards and four touchdowns to lead No. 3 Washington (12-0) to a 26-14 victory over No. 2 South Fayette (11-2) in the WPIAL Class AA semifinals at Chartiers Valley High School.
South Fayette's Brett Brumbaugh threw for 218 yards and a touchdown and ran for another score, but he also tossed two interceptions.
Aliquippa 56, Jeannette 0 — At Peters Township, Dravon Henry rushed for 171 yards and top-seeded Aliquippa (12-0) capitalized on six Jeannette (10-2) turnovers resulting in five touchdowns to bury the fourth-seeded Jayhawks and advance to its fifth consecutive Class AA championship game.
Sto-Rox 34, North Catholic 20 — Lenny Williams rushed for two touchdowns and passed for two more as No. 2 Sto-Rox (11-1) edged North Catholic in the WPIAL Class A semifinals at Dormont Stadium. Running back P.J. Fulmore ran for 204 yards on 33 carries to lead sixth-seeded North Catholic (9-3). Williams completed 12 of 18 passes for 184 yards and rushed for 90 on 18 carries.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- HS highlight reel: Central Catholic’s Joseph commits to PSU
- Monessen’s Rullo tabbed Player of Week
- Aliquippa routs New Brighton in battle of Midwestern unbeatens
- Winning takes center stage for Quaker Valley football
- West Mifflin bests Belle Vernon in crucial Big 9 showdown
- Clairton routs Riverview, 72-0, despite ejections
- ‘Miracle’ Highlands-Apollo Ridge game leaves lasting impression
- Highlands wins thriller over Apollo-Ridge
- Hampton pulls away from Knoch for 5-0 start
- Schoolboy pick of week: W. Mifflin
- Fox Chapel downs Canon-McMillan