Perry loses to McDowell
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ahmed Turner connected on two 25-yard touchdown passes to Shakeem Cox, but Perry lost, 61-14, to Erie McDowell on Friday night in a PIAA Class AA sub-regional playoff game at Fairview High School.
The City League-champion Commodores finish the season at 8-3.
Turner finished the game 8 for 21 for 165 yards and three interceptions.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Clairton prepares for rugged Jeannette by routing Riverview
- Frazier finally allows TD, win streak continues vs. Leechburg
- Ringgold rolls, 35-6, to set up showdown
- Highlands humbles Deer Lakes in Allegheny Conference play
- Apollo-Ridge hangs on for victory over Valley
- Kiski Area avenges last year’s 65-0 loss with upset of Plum
- Hampton running on all cylinders in shutout victory over Knoch
- Fight stops Monessen-Wilkinsburg game in 3rd quarter
- Unbeaten Leopards make their statement
- Riverview’s annual night game spoiled by Greensburg C.C.
- Burrell’s Garda a triple-threat in lopsided win over West Shamokin