PIAA announces dates, venues for state football quarterfinals
TribLIVE Sports Videos
PIAA announces quarterfinal sites
The PIAA on Saturday announced the dates, times and venues for four of the state quarterfinals involving WPIAL teams.
All games are slated for 7 p.m. Friday.
Clairton (13-0), the Class A champion, will go for its 61st consecutive win and begin its trek toward a fifth consecutive state finals berth against District 5 winner Berlin-Brothersvalley (11-1) at Golden Eagle Stadium in Somerset. The Bears have won the last three PIAA Class A crowns.
Central Valley High School will host to the Class AA matchup between Aliquippa (13-0) and District 9 champion Karns City (10-3).
In Class AAA, West Allegheny (12-1) will face District 10 champion Cathedral Prep (12-0) at Erie Memorial Stadium.
North Allegheny (13-0) will play District 10 champion Erie McDowell (7-5) in the Class AAAA first round at Seneca Valley.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starter Liriano strikes out 12, leads Pirates to series sweep of Mets
- Rossi: After L.A., NFL should tread carefully
- Kennywood fanatic, 82, rides Jack Rabbit 95 times in a row
- Acme man’s ephemeral sculptures appear to defy laws of physics
- Pirates notebook: Substance rule a sticky subject
- Photo Gallery: The Zac Brown Band kicks off summer with First Niagara show
- A family’s flag flies again in Mt. Pleasant
- Cochran repair center planned in Harrison
- Montoya passes Power on final lap to bring home Indy 500 win
- Protecting hours & wages of restaurant employees
- Ex-Baldwin, Pitt star Pinkston not giving up on NFL dream