PIAA announces dates, venues for state football quarterfinals
TribLIVE Sports Videos
PIAA announces quarterfinal sites
The PIAA on Saturday announced the dates, times and venues for four of the state quarterfinals involving WPIAL teams.
All games are slated for 7 p.m. Friday.
Clairton (13-0), the Class A champion, will go for its 61st consecutive win and begin its trek toward a fifth consecutive state finals berth against District 5 winner Berlin-Brothersvalley (11-1) at Golden Eagle Stadium in Somerset. The Bears have won the last three PIAA Class A crowns.
Central Valley High School will host to the Class AA matchup between Aliquippa (13-0) and District 9 champion Karns City (10-3).
In Class AAA, West Allegheny (12-1) will face District 10 champion Cathedral Prep (12-0) at Erie Memorial Stadium.
North Allegheny (13-0) will play District 10 champion Erie McDowell (7-5) in the Class AAAA first round at Seneca Valley.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Aliquippa wins 16th WPIAL title, ends South Fayette’s 44-game winning streak
- Thomas Jefferson uses defense, running game to capture WPIAL title
- Central Catholic wins 5th WPIAL football title
- Clairton captures 12th WPIAL football championship
- Karns City tops Bedford in state football playoffs
- WPIAL history full of football dynasties
- WPIAL Class AAA notes: Title games draw 16,500 to Heinz Field
- WPIAL Class A notes: Return sparks Clairton for 2nd straight week
- Clairton among greatest WPIAL dynasties; Aliquippa, South Fayette close
- Jeannette junior Swinton says ‘football is my life’
- Ligonier Valley bows out of football playoffs