PIAA announces dates, venues for state football quarterfinals
TribLIVE Sports Videos
PIAA announces quarterfinal sites
The PIAA on Saturday announced the dates, times and venues for four of the state quarterfinals involving WPIAL teams.
All games are slated for 7 p.m. Friday.
Clairton (13-0), the Class A champion, will go for its 61st consecutive win and begin its trek toward a fifth consecutive state finals berth against District 5 winner Berlin-Brothersvalley (11-1) at Golden Eagle Stadium in Somerset. The Bears have won the last three PIAA Class A crowns.
Central Valley High School will host to the Class AA matchup between Aliquippa (13-0) and District 9 champion Karns City (10-3).
In Class AAA, West Allegheny (12-1) will face District 10 champion Cathedral Prep (12-0) at Erie Memorial Stadium.
North Allegheny (13-0) will play District 10 champion Erie McDowell (7-5) in the Class AAAA first round at Seneca Valley.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Gorman: Quitting not the answer
- Knoch’s stellar ‘D’ sets tone in 6th straight shutout
- HS highlight reel: Peters, USC rivalry resumes Thursday
- Previewing some of the top Week 3 high school football matchups
- McKeesport won’t waver after shutout loss to Penn-Trafford
- HS highlight reel: Vulcano named AD at Canon-McMillan
- Monz resigns as Carlynton football coach
- Meyers Player of the Week
- Clairton posts shutout of Greensburg Central Catholic to move to 3-0
- Connellsville uses big plays to beat Latrobe
- Ringgold enjoys ‘bounce back’ game in rout of Uniontown