Pitt makes scholarship offer to Clairton WR Webb
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Wide receiver Terrish Webb, who was dominant in Clairton's historic 59-14 WPIAL championship victory against Sto-Rox, received a welcome surprise Saturday morning in the form of a scholarship offer from Pitt.
Webb caught four passes for 99 yards against Sto-Rox, including touchdown receptions of 22 and 24 yards, while helping Clairton set a state record with 60 consecutive victories.
Webb, 6-foot-1, 175 pounds, previously committed to Kent State, and he said Saturday that he has not de-committed. He also has offers from Toledo and Arkansas State.
He said he plans to take an official visit to Pitt, but he doesn't know when that will happen. He did not attend the Rutgers game on Saturday at Heinz Field.
"I'm still thinking about it," he said of the Pitt offer. "I'm going to see how it all works out."
He did admit, though: "I'm pretty excited."Pitt already has a verbal committment from Webb's teammate defensive back Titus Howard and, of course, is chasing Clairton's big-time recruit, Tyler Boyd.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Class AAA breakdown: Armstrong merger shakes up Greater Allegheny Conference
- Plum tackle Tecak ready to make impact
- Class AAAA breakdown: Wealth of talent places target on Central Catholic
- Class AA breakdown: Dynamic offense to again lead 2-time PIAA champion South Fayette
- Special season sparks Shenango
- Belle Vernon hopes to challenge in Big 9
- Skill positions again a strength for Baldwin
- Canon-McMillan rebuilding under new coach
- Peters Township eyeing return to the postseason
- City League preview: Brashear to be challenged in title defense
- Carmichaels sets sights on playoffs