Vikings, Scotties earn Interstate Conference recognition
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Class AA Interstate Conference announced the names of players receiving all-conference honors for the 2012 football season.
Eight Mt. Pleasant players and four Southmoreland players earned all-conference recognition.
Mt. Pleasant seniors Joey Paul, Taylor Allison, Eli Holt, Seth Wright and John Anys were all-conference honorees, as were juniors Tyler Mellors, Ryan Gumbita and Eric Klejka.
Mellors led the Vikings in rushing with 1,490 yards and 25 touchdowns on 173 carries. Gumbita completed 44 of 86 passes for 789 yards and seven touchdowns, and Paul led the team in receiving with 19 catches for 340 yards and five touchdowns.
Southmoreland senior Dakota Datz is an all-conference selection, as are sophomores Jake Pisula and Chas King and freshman Jake Beistel. Datz led the Scotties in rushing and passing. He completed 35 of 76 passes for 595 yards and four touchdowns. He rushed for 881 yards and 10 touchdowns on 138 carries.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- HS highlight reel: Pair of title games to be on tape delay Saturday
- Gorman: Thomas Jefferson quarterback Kelley savors run after injuries, illness
- Strong run game lifts Thomas Jefferson into WPIAL AAA title game
- PIAA Class AA first-round preview: Karns City vs. Bedford
- South Fayette, Aliquippa form unique traditions for Thanksgiving Day
- Through the Years: Leechburg, Oakmont won WPIAL titles a half-century ago
- High school notebook: New classes put football finalists on the move next season
- Seneca Valley football team hopes to improve in offseason
- Ligonier Valley bows out of football playoffs
- Jeannette junior Swinton says ‘football is my life’
- Ligonier Valley bows out of District 6 postseason