Vikings, Scotties earn Interstate Conference recognition
By Staff Reports
Published: Wednesday, Nov. 28, 2012, 8:28 p.m.
The Class AA Interstate Conference announced the names of players receiving all-conference honors for the 2012 football season.
Eight Mt. Pleasant players and four Southmoreland players earned all-conference recognition.
Mt. Pleasant seniors Joey Paul, Taylor Allison, Eli Holt, Seth Wright and John Anys were all-conference honorees, as were juniors Tyler Mellors, Ryan Gumbita and Eric Klejka.
Mellors led the Vikings in rushing with 1,490 yards and 25 touchdowns on 173 carries. Gumbita completed 44 of 86 passes for 789 yards and seven touchdowns, and Paul led the team in receiving with 19 catches for 340 yards and five touchdowns.
Southmoreland senior Dakota Datz is an all-conference selection, as are sophomores Jake Pisula and Chas King and freshman Jake Beistel. Datz led the Scotties in rushing and passing. He completed 35 of 76 passes for 595 yards and four touchdowns. He rushed for 881 yards and 10 touchdowns on 138 carries.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- PIAA postpones Saturday’s championship games
- Central Catholic prepares for St. Joseph’s physical, skilled offense
- Cardinal Wuerl North Catholic sees a little of itself in Old Forge
- Allderdice no match for Erie McDowell in PIAA Class AAAA sub-regional
- Central Catholic delivers crushing defensive performance to qualify for PIAA championship
- South Fayette hopes for better result than 2010 PIAA Class AA final
- Gateway football to join AAA ranks