Burrell's Bush named to all-state team
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Burrell senior Cole Bush was honored Wednesday for his stellar play during football season with selection to the Pennsylvania Sportswrtiers Class AA All-State team. Bush was recognized as a linebacker on the 33-member team, which was selected by sportswriters from across the state.
Bush (6-foot-2, 220 pounds), a St. Francis (Pa.) recruit, also rushed for 1,794 yards and 33 touchdowns and was an All-Allegheny Conference first-team pick on offense and defense.
All-state teams for Class A and AA were released Wednesday, with the AAA and AAAA teams to be unveiled Thursday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Field conditions could play factor for Clairton in PIAA quarterfinals
- High school notebook: Thomas Jefferson, Clairton head into enemy territory
- Gorman: Payo makes Clairton go
- Aliquippa wins 16th WPIAL title, ends South Fayette’s 44-game winning streak
- WPIAL Class AAAA notes: P-T unable to snap playoff skid vs. Central Catholic
- Thomas Jefferson boys basketball looks to contend in section race
- WPIAL history full of football dynasties
- WPIAL Class AAAA final preview: Penn-Trafford looking to reverse trend of playoff losses to Central Catholic
- WPIAL Class AA final preview: Rivals South Fayette, Aliquippa to play for title for record 3rd straight season
- Gorman: Thomas Jefferson quarterback Kelley savors run after injuries, illness
- South Fayette, Aliquippa form unique traditions for Thanksgiving Day