Burrell's Bush named to all-state team
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Burrell senior Cole Bush was honored Wednesday for his stellar play during football season with selection to the Pennsylvania Sportswrtiers Class AA All-State team. Bush was recognized as a linebacker on the 33-member team, which was selected by sportswriters from across the state.
Bush (6-foot-2, 220 pounds), a St. Francis (Pa.) recruit, also rushed for 1,794 yards and 33 touchdowns and was an All-Allegheny Conference first-team pick on offense and defense.
All-state teams for Class A and AA were released Wednesday, with the AAA and AAAA teams to be unveiled Thursday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Gorman: Perry makes the right call on playoffs
- High school notebook: Plenty to play for in GAC in Week 9
- Charleroi’s Shannon Player of the Week
- HS highlight reel: Quite a weekend for Penn-Traffod’s Aunkst
- WPIAL players turn to social media to promote highlight clips
- High school football roundup: Fulmore hits career milestone for CWNC
- Hectic week ahead for WPIAL student-athletes
- Through the years: Late TD snapped Springdale’s 31-game skid
- Previewing some of Western Pa.’s top matchups for Week 8
- Pine-Richland knocks off No. 1 Central Catholic, takes conference title
- Clairton gets its revenge against Monessen