Burrell's Bush named to all-state team
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Burrell senior Cole Bush was honored Wednesday for his stellar play during football season with selection to the Pennsylvania Sportswrtiers Class AA All-State team. Bush was recognized as a linebacker on the 33-member team, which was selected by sportswriters from across the state.
Bush (6-foot-2, 220 pounds), a St. Francis (Pa.) recruit, also rushed for 1,794 yards and 33 touchdowns and was an All-Allegheny Conference first-team pick on offense and defense.
All-state teams for Class A and AA were released Wednesday, with the AAA and AAAA teams to be unveiled Thursday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McKeesport’s Hudson sets career high in rout of Connellsville
- Team effort pushes Penn-Trafford past Kiski Area
- Trueman sparks North Allegheny’s 14-0 victory over Seneca Valley
- Thomas Jefferson runs past Ringgold
- Seniors lead Central Valley past Montour
- Mars RB Schultheis could be out for season
- Shaler football program seeking fresh start under LeDonne
- Late 98-yard pick 6 seals Norwin’s shutout win over Latrobe
- High school roundup: Seton-La Salle captures Century Conference win
- Challenging opponents to test North Allegheny early on
- Seton-La Salle to feature new schemes under Rosol