WPIAL lands 10 in Big 33 game
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Headlined by Clairton receiver Tyler Boyd, the WPIAL landed 10 players and three coaches on the Pennsylvania Big 33 team.
Boyd joins Belle Vernon offensive lineman Dorian Johnson as Pitt commits from the WPIAL who are scheduled to play.
North Allegheny coach Art Walker will coach the Pennsylvania squad. He will have five assistants, including Mark Lyons of Central Valley and Jim Wehner of Baldwin.
Walker will have a familiar quarterback in NA's Mack Leftwich.
The 56th edition of the Big 33 Classic, pitting all-stars from Pennsylvania against Maryland, will kick off at 7 p.m. June 15 at HersheyPark Stadium.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- PIAA quarterfinalists Central Valley, Conneaut sharing success after mergers
- Brentwood’s Conroy shares top conference award on defense
- Penn Hills relishes conference title, reflects on season
- Thomas Jefferson gridders post 3rd straight 11-1 record
- South Fayette, Karns City set for rematch in PIAA quarterfinals
- Central Valley beats rival West Allegheny to win WPIAL Class AAA championship
- Clairton wins 11th WPIAL football championship
- Law makes Big Nine first team — on defense
- Daily Courier Q&A: Laurel Highlands’ Tyler Slavic
- WPIAL’s Top 10 football champions of all time
- Pine-Richland tops defending champ Central Catholic to capture WPIAL title