WPIAL lands 10 in Big 33 game
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Headlined by Clairton receiver Tyler Boyd, the WPIAL landed 10 players and three coaches on the Pennsylvania Big 33 team.
Boyd joins Belle Vernon offensive lineman Dorian Johnson as Pitt commits from the WPIAL who are scheduled to play.
North Allegheny coach Art Walker will coach the Pennsylvania squad. He will have five assistants, including Mark Lyons of Central Valley and Jim Wehner of Baldwin.
Walker will have a familiar quarterback in NA's Mack Leftwich.
The 56th edition of the Big 33 Classic, pitting all-stars from Pennsylvania against Maryland, will kick off at 7 p.m. June 15 at HersheyPark Stadium.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- City rivals Allderdice, Brashear seeking elusive title
- Schoolboy pick of week: BV Area
- Through the years: Highlands routed Franklin Regional to clinch conference title
- VND High school football notebook: Local flavor enhances Penn Hills, other playoff teams
- McKeesport preparing for banged-up Mt. Lebanon in 1st round
- Thomas Jefferson football team enters WPIAL Class AAA playoffs as No. 2 seed
- WPIAL playoffs have been tough on teams from Allegheny, Tri-County South
- Previewing some of Western Pa.’s top WPIAL first-round matchups
- Valley News Dispatch WPIAL football notebook: Plum draws rival Penn Hills in 1st round
- Brentwood takes 4-game winning streak into WPIAL playoffs
- Scouting Franklin Regional, S.S. Beaver