Baldwin, California coaches resign
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Jim Wehner's four-year stay at Baldwin is over.
The district accepted Wehner's resignation as head football coach at Wednesday night's board meeting. Wehner was 10-28 with the Highlanders.
He was previously head coach at Yough and Avonworth.
California's school board also accepted the resignation of football coach Brady Barbero, who resigned for personal reasons.
Other teams without a football coach include Bishop Canevin, Canon-McMillan, Chartiers Valley, East Allegheny, Imani Christian, McKeesport, Northgate, Pine-Richland, Plum and Serra Catholic.
— Chris Harlan
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Central Catholic senior Jones plays key role in all phases for Vikings
- Gorman: Penn-Trafford’s Topper not defined by ‘the miss’
- Thomas Jefferson boys basketball looks to contend in section race
- HS highlight reel: Pair of title games to be on tape delay Saturday
- Jeannette football prepare for Class A championship game
- Belle Vernon’s Sweitzer commits to Georgetown
- Jeannette junior Swinton says ‘football is my life’
- Gorman: Thomas Jefferson quarterback Kelley savors run after injuries, illness
- PIAA Class AA first-round preview: Karns City vs. Bedford
- Aliquippa routs Freeport to return to Heinz Field
- Late touchdown lifts Penn-Trafford into WPIAL Class AAAA title game