Clairton's Boyd plans to sign Wednesday
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Clairton senior Tyler Boyd plans to sign a national letter of intent at 10 a.m. Wednesday in the school's library, alongside teammates Terrish Webb and Titus Howard, he posted on Twitter Tuesday evening.
Boyd, who made a verbal commitment to Pitt on Jan. 5, was considering offers from Pitt, West Virginia and Tennessee and did not indicate where he plans to sign. Webb and Howard plan to sign with Pitt.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- WPIAL coaches, QBs have concerns about using newly-approved footballs
- Freshman Jaden Dietz will start at cornerback for Southmoreland
- Birdie again up to the challenge
- Previewing Week 1 high school football matchups
- Valley News Dispatch Q&A: Apollo-Ridge’s Duane Brown
- Quad North neighbors North Allegheny, Seneca Valley set for opener
- Big 9 rival Ringgold to challenge Thomas Jefferson in season opener
- GCC, Monessen matchup to feature contrasting styles
- New coach leading Carlynton into new classification
- Pittsburgh Tribune-Review: Mars’ Josh Schultheis
- Allegheny Conference newcomers Apollo-Ridge, West Shamokin are familiar foes