East Allegheny tabs Dominic Pecora as its new football coach
TribLIVE Sports Videos
East Allegheny School District's board of directors hired Southmoreland High School football coach Dominic Pecora on Monday night to succeed Jason Ruscitto as the Wildcats head varsity coach. Ruscitto resigned after last season.
Pecora will be the third head coach in as many seasons for the Wildcats, following Ruscitto and Dennis Edwards.
Pecora, who also served as an assistant at Baldwin, Norwin and Yough, went 7-12 in two seasons at Southmoreland.
After a 4-6 mark in his first season — which included a 28-21 loss to East Allegheny where Shawn Adair had three touchdowns and an interception for the Wildcats — Southmoreland approved a three-year extension.
Pecora is a 2000 Norwin High School graduate and 2004 Slippery Rock University graduate. He was chosen after a weekend of interviews of “many excellent candidates” by East Allegheny officials, a district news release said.
Patrick Cloonan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Through the years: Ken High, Apollo go out in style
- High school notebook: WPIAL adjusts to accommodate Armstrong merger
- Pine-Richland has new look for defending champ St. Joseph’s Prep
- Pine-Richland falls short in PIAA Class AAAA final
- Close loss in title game cannot diminish Clairton’s ‘great season’
- High school notebook: Records tumble during PIAA football title games
- Clairton, Bishop Guilfoyle football teams match vaunted defenses
- Clairton falls short vs. Bishop Guilfoyle in PIAA Class A title game
- Archbishop Wood runs past Central Valley in PIAA Class AAA final