East Allegheny tabs Dominic Pecora as its new football coach
TribLIVE Sports Videos
East Allegheny School District's board of directors hired Southmoreland High School football coach Dominic Pecora on Monday night to succeed Jason Ruscitto as the Wildcats head varsity coach. Ruscitto resigned after last season.
Pecora will be the third head coach in as many seasons for the Wildcats, following Ruscitto and Dennis Edwards.
Pecora, who also served as an assistant at Baldwin, Norwin and Yough, went 7-12 in two seasons at Southmoreland.
After a 4-6 mark in his first season — which included a 28-21 loss to East Allegheny where Shawn Adair had three touchdowns and an interception for the Wildcats — Southmoreland approved a three-year extension.
Pecora is a 2000 Norwin High School graduate and 2004 Slippery Rock University graduate. He was chosen after a weekend of interviews of “many excellent candidates” by East Allegheny officials, a district news release said.
Patrick Cloonan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- HS highlight reel: Hearings scheduled before WPIAL board
- Latrobe boys soccer team competes in WPIAL playoffs for 1st time in 22 years
- Charleroi-Cal only 10th game in town
- High school notebook: Plenty to play for in GAC in Week 9
- Springdale secures another playoff berth
- Apollo-Ridge offense earns rest period against Deer Lakes
- Pine-Richland knocks off No. 1 Central Catholic, takes conference title
- HS highlight reel: Quite a weekend for Penn-Traffod’s Aunkst
- Charleroi’s Shannon Player of the Week
- HS highlight reel: Reigning champs set to defend titles
- Freeport QB sets passing mark in rout