East Allegheny tabs Dominic Pecora as its new football coach
TribLIVE Sports Videos
East Allegheny School District's board of directors hired Southmoreland High School football coach Dominic Pecora on Monday night to succeed Jason Ruscitto as the Wildcats head varsity coach. Ruscitto resigned after last season.
Pecora will be the third head coach in as many seasons for the Wildcats, following Ruscitto and Dennis Edwards.
Pecora, who also served as an assistant at Baldwin, Norwin and Yough, went 7-12 in two seasons at Southmoreland.
After a 4-6 mark in his first season — which included a 28-21 loss to East Allegheny where Shawn Adair had three touchdowns and an interception for the Wildcats — Southmoreland approved a three-year extension.
Pecora is a 2000 Norwin High School graduate and 2004 Slippery Rock University graduate. He was chosen after a weekend of interviews of “many excellent candidates” by East Allegheny officials, a district news release said.
Patrick Cloonan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Previewing Week 1 high school football matchups
- California victim of Clairton’s ‘statement’
- High school roundup: Seton-La Salle captures Century Conference win
- Sanders, Woodland Hills roll to victory against Peters Township
- Wilkinsburg holds off Leechburg
- McKeesport’s Hudson sets career high in rout of Connellsville
- Sophomore RB Coxon leads Plum to lopsided win
- Knoch’s 3rd-quarter surge leads to victory over Franklin Regional
- Trueman sparks North Allegheny’s 14-0 victory over Seneca Valley
- Thomas Jefferson runs past Ringgold
- Penn Hills takes advantage of turnovers, routs Upper St. Clair