East Allegheny tabs Dominic Pecora as its new football coach
TribLIVE Sports Videos
East Allegheny School District's board of directors hired Southmoreland High School football coach Dominic Pecora on Monday night to succeed Jason Ruscitto as the Wildcats head varsity coach. Ruscitto resigned after last season.
Pecora will be the third head coach in as many seasons for the Wildcats, following Ruscitto and Dennis Edwards.
Pecora, who also served as an assistant at Baldwin, Norwin and Yough, went 7-12 in two seasons at Southmoreland.
After a 4-6 mark in his first season — which included a 28-21 loss to East Allegheny where Shawn Adair had three touchdowns and an interception for the Wildcats — Southmoreland approved a three-year extension.
Pecora is a 2000 Norwin High School graduate and 2004 Slippery Rock University graduate. He was chosen after a weekend of interviews of “many excellent candidates” by East Allegheny officials, a district news release said.
Patrick Cloonan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pine-Richland’s ‘Neil’ the ram has happy home
- Scoring record within reach for Clairton
- WPIAL’s Top 10 football champions of all time
- WPIAL Class AAAA notebook: Pine-Richland has titles in 3 classifications
- From venues to playoff format, much has changed in 100 years of WPIAL championships
- Pine-Richland tops defending champ Central Catholic to capture WPIAL title
- WPIAL Class AA notebook: South Fayette’s Brumbaugh closes in on state passing record
- WPIAL Class A notebook: Clairton climbs all-time title list
- High school football notebook: Official’s decision impacts WPIAL Class AAAA title game
- WPIAL final wins over Aliquippa haven’t changed South Fayette’s underdog mentality
- Law makes Big Nine first team — on defense