East Allegheny tabs Dominic Pecora as its new football coach
TribLIVE Sports Videos
East Allegheny School District's board of directors hired Southmoreland High School football coach Dominic Pecora on Monday night to succeed Jason Ruscitto as the Wildcats head varsity coach. Ruscitto resigned after last season.
Pecora will be the third head coach in as many seasons for the Wildcats, following Ruscitto and Dennis Edwards.
Pecora, who also served as an assistant at Baldwin, Norwin and Yough, went 7-12 in two seasons at Southmoreland.
After a 4-6 mark in his first season — which included a 28-21 loss to East Allegheny where Shawn Adair had three touchdowns and an interception for the Wildcats — Southmoreland approved a three-year extension.
Pecora is a 2000 Norwin High School graduate and 2004 Slippery Rock University graduate. He was chosen after a weekend of interviews of “many excellent candidates” by East Allegheny officials, a district news release said.
Patrick Cloonan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- HS highlight reel: Pair of title games to be on tape delay Saturday
- South Fayette, Aliquippa form unique traditions for Thanksgiving Day
- Strong running game has propelled Thomas Jefferson into WPIAL title game
- Seneca Valley football team hopes to improve in offseason
- Jeannette two-way star Sanders has Jayhawks back at Heinz Field
- PIAA Class AA first-round preview: Karns City vs. Bedford
- Jeannette junior Swinton says ‘football is my life’
- High school notebook: New classes put football finalists on the move next season
- Gorman: Look out for unsung hero
- HS highlight reel: Winter season set to tip off Dec. 4
- Frazier football well represented in all-conference honors