East Allegheny tabs Dominic Pecora as its new football coach
By Patrick Cloonan
Published: Monday, Feb. 11, 2013, 10:36 p.m.
East Allegheny School District's board of directors hired Southmoreland High School football coach Dominic Pecora on Monday night to succeed Jason Ruscitto as the Wildcats head varsity coach. Ruscitto resigned after last season.
Pecora will be the third head coach in as many seasons for the Wildcats, following Ruscitto and Dennis Edwards.
Pecora, who also served as an assistant at Baldwin, Norwin and Yough, went 7-12 in two seasons at Southmoreland.
After a 4-6 mark in his first season — which included a 28-21 loss to East Allegheny where Shawn Adair had three touchdowns and an interception for the Wildcats — Southmoreland approved a three-year extension.
Pecora is a 2000 Norwin High School graduate and 2004 Slippery Rock University graduate. He was chosen after a weekend of interviews of “many excellent candidates” by East Allegheny officials, a district news release said.
Patrick Cloonan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- South Fayette hope for better result than 2010 PIAA Class AA final
- Gateway football to join AAA ranks
- Central Catholic delivers crushing defensive performance to qualify for PIAA championship
- Cardinal Wuerl North Catholic dominates Clarion in PIAA semifinals
- Running game carries South Fayette past Hickory and into PIAA title game
- Friday’s PIAA semifinal football games postponed
- Cardinal Wuerl North Catholic sees a little of itself in Old Forge