High school roundup: Freedom hires football coach
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Freedom School Board hired Tim Dubovi as the school's football coach Thursday night. Dubovi, who has served as an assistant coach at Lock Haven University, Mars and Seneca Valley, replaces Frank Hernandez, who resigned in November.
Westinghouse 57, Carrick 33 — Shaquan Johnson had 18 points, as No. 3 Westinghouse (13-8) won in the first round of the City League playoffs. The Bulldogs will play No. 2 Brashear (15-7) in the semifinals Monday at Allderdice.
Perry 69, Allderdice 60 — Led by Shakeem Cox's 25 points, No. 4 Perry (11-12) won a City League first-round game. Lavelle Segers had 16 points for Allderdice (9-13). The Commodores will play No. 1 Obama (16-2) Monday in the semifinals at Brashear.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Gorman: So much for sportsmanship
- Pine-Richland stays comfortable at the top
- HS highlight reel: Boys golf teams to play for finals berth
- Safety, late TD not enough for Fox Chapel
- Shady Side Academy looks to rebound after loss to Apollo-Ridge
- Keystone Oaks football controls its destiny entering final weeks
- McKeesport coach appreciates field dedication, prepares for Plum
- Bentworth’s Tush Player of the Week
- Surprising starts vault football teams into WPIAL playoff picture
- Norwin takes control in 2nd half, upends Kiski Area
- Armstrong runs past Greensburg Salem