High school roundup: Freedom hires football coach
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Freedom School Board hired Tim Dubovi as the school's football coach Thursday night. Dubovi, who has served as an assistant coach at Lock Haven University, Mars and Seneca Valley, replaces Frank Hernandez, who resigned in November.
Westinghouse 57, Carrick 33 — Shaquan Johnson had 18 points, as No. 3 Westinghouse (13-8) won in the first round of the City League playoffs. The Bulldogs will play No. 2 Brashear (15-7) in the semifinals Monday at Allderdice.
Perry 69, Allderdice 60 — Led by Shakeem Cox's 25 points, No. 4 Perry (11-12) won a City League first-round game. Lavelle Segers had 16 points for Allderdice (9-13). The Commodores will play No. 1 Obama (16-2) Monday in the semifinals at Brashear.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Field conditions could play factor for Clairton in PIAA quarterfinals
- Gorman: Payo makes Clairton go
- High school notebook: Thomas Jefferson, Clairton head into enemy territory
- Central Catholic wins 5th WPIAL football title
- Aliquippa wins 16th WPIAL title, ends South Fayette’s 44-game winning streak
- Picking playoff winners
- WPIAL history full of football dynasties
- WPIAL Class AAA final preview: Big-play passing attack paying off for defending WPIAL champion Central Valley
- Gorman: Look out for unsung hero
- Gorman: Thomas Jefferson quarterback Kelley savors run after injuries, illness
- Gorman: Penn-Trafford’s Topper not defined by ‘the miss’