High school roundup: Freedom hires football coach
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Freedom School Board hired Tim Dubovi as the school's football coach Thursday night. Dubovi, who has served as an assistant coach at Lock Haven University, Mars and Seneca Valley, replaces Frank Hernandez, who resigned in November.
Westinghouse 57, Carrick 33 — Shaquan Johnson had 18 points, as No. 3 Westinghouse (13-8) won in the first round of the City League playoffs. The Bulldogs will play No. 2 Brashear (15-7) in the semifinals Monday at Allderdice.
Perry 69, Allderdice 60 — Led by Shakeem Cox's 25 points, No. 4 Perry (11-12) won a City League first-round game. Lavelle Segers had 16 points for Allderdice (9-13). The Commodores will play No. 1 Obama (16-2) Monday in the semifinals at Brashear.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- The WPIAL’s Top 10 football champions of all time
- From venues to playoff format, much has changed in 100 years of WPIAL championships
- Explosive offense carries Pine-Richland into finals
- WPIAL final wins over Aliquippa haven’t changed South Fayette’s underdog mentality
- Avonworth faces ‘tall order’ against unbeaten Clairton
- Gorman: Best WPIAL champion ever a matter of the heart
- Plenty of respect between Parkway Conference rivals
- Central Catholic wildcat Petrishen wild card in game vs. Pine-Richland
- Unbeaten Clairton not taking Avonworth lightly
- Gorman: Central Catholic faces ‘phenomenon’
- Ringgold’s Small picked for national grid event