High school roundup: Freedom hires football coach
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Freedom School Board hired Tim Dubovi as the school's football coach Thursday night. Dubovi, who has served as an assistant coach at Lock Haven University, Mars and Seneca Valley, replaces Frank Hernandez, who resigned in November.
Westinghouse 57, Carrick 33 — Shaquan Johnson had 18 points, as No. 3 Westinghouse (13-8) won in the first round of the City League playoffs. The Bulldogs will play No. 2 Brashear (15-7) in the semifinals Monday at Allderdice.
Perry 69, Allderdice 60 — Led by Shakeem Cox's 25 points, No. 4 Perry (11-12) won a City League first-round game. Lavelle Segers had 16 points for Allderdice (9-13). The Commodores will play No. 1 Obama (16-2) Monday in the semifinals at Brashear.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Prospect Taillon to undergo season-ending hernia surgery
- City police investigate death in Squirrel Hill
- MLB notebook: Yankees to donate $150K to charity for A-Rod’s 3,000th hit ball
- Fun-seekers won’t let a Pittsburgh regatta without races get them down
- Russian winger Plotnikov could join Penguins in August
- Rossi: Rutherford shines as old boss pouts
- Shark Week feeds our obsession with these ocean predators
- Will we get Stephen Colbert or ‘Stephen Colbert’?
- Point Park documentarians try to debunk shark myths
- Mountain Playhouse’s ‘Chapter Two’ provides funny, touching look at love and loss
- Local performers draw on travel experiences