Southmoreland promotes Adams to head football coach
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Southmoreland hires coach
Mark Adams has been hired as the new football coach at Southmoreland.
“He's done a very, very nice job for us,” Superintendent John Molnar said of Adams, who has been a Scotties assistant the past two years. “We have a program in place, and he's been with the program. We don't want to start from scratch. ... We don't want another rebuilding year if we can avoid it.”
Adams, who was the coach at Leechburg from 2008-2011, replaces Dominic Pecora.
— Paul Paterra
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pine-Richland hopes to avoid ‘drop off’ against State College
- Through the years: A look at final games of A-K Valley schools
- South Fayette, Karns City set for rematch in PIAA quarterfinals
- Central Valley beats rival West Allegheny to win WPIAL Class AAA championship
- Scoring record within reach for Clairton
- WPIAL Class A notebook: Clairton climbs all-time title list
- PIAA quarterfinalists Central Valley, Conneaut sharing success after mergers
- WPIAL’s Top 10 football champions of all time
- Penn Hills relishes conference title, reflects on season
- Pine-Richland tops defending champ Central Catholic to capture WPIAL title
- South Fayette again defeats Aliquippa to defend WPIAL Class AA title