Perry retained at Seton-La Salle
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Greg Perry will remain Seton-La Salle's football coach despite some uncertainty that developed when he applied elsewhere and the school began seeking his replacement.
The school's administration made his return official this week, according to athletic director John Ashaolu, who had consistently said retaining Perry was his preference.
Perry has been Seton-La Salle's head coach since 2005, and was an assistant there for 11 seasons prior. He was a finalist for the Baldwin coaching job that went to Pete Wagner.
Canon-McMillan, Gateway, Hollidaysburg and Greensburg Salem are still without head football coaches.
— Chris Harlan
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Big games all around the area
- VND high school notebook: Kiski Area’s Heavner keeps things interesting
- PIAA votes to expand classifications in football, other sports
- Through the years: Brown’s heroics lead Burrell to win
- High school notebook: WPIAL title games could stay at The Pete, Heinz Field
- Surprising starts vault football teams into WPIAL playoff picture
- Through the years: Leechburg edges Freeport in mud
- Franklin Regional meets Hampton with first place at stake
- Previewing some of Western Pennsylvania’s top Week 6 matchups
- Jeannette forces turnovers to stay unbeaten at Springdale
- Late touchdowns seal Southmoreland’s fate against Derry