Gateway's Davis commits to Temple
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Gateway defensive back Anthony Davis will have plenty of familiar faces around when he heads to college. The three-star recruit, according to rivals.com, made a verbal commitment to Temple on Thursday, joining fellow Gators rising seniors Delvon Randall and Brenon Thrift as Owls recruits for the Class of 2014.
“Just committed to Temple,” he posted on Twitter.
Davis also will reunite with former Gateway head coach Terry Smith, who is in his first offseason as a Temple assistant coach.
Davis (6-1, 175), who intercepted six passes last year, had 17 offers, including Cincinnati, Maryland, Michigan State, Nebraska, Penn State and West Virginia.
He is the 12th WPIAL player of the Class of 2014 to make a Division I-FBS verbal commitment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Through the years: Brown’s heroics lead Burrell to win
- VND high school notebook: Kiski Area’s Heavner keeps things interesting
- Big games all around the area
- Through the years: Leechburg edges Freeport in mud
- High school notebook: WPIAL title games could stay at The Pete, Heinz Field
- Surprising starts vault football teams into WPIAL playoff picture
- PIAA votes to expand classifications in football, other sports
- Previewing some of Western Pennsylvania’s top Week 6 matchups
- Unbeaten Ringgold, BVA to collide for conference supremacy.
- Gridiron matchup between Freeport, Highlands a family affair
- Jeannette football team set for perennial title contender Clairton