Gateway's Davis commits to Temple
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Gateway defensive back Anthony Davis will have plenty of familiar faces around when he heads to college. The three-star recruit, according to rivals.com, made a verbal commitment to Temple on Thursday, joining fellow Gators rising seniors Delvon Randall and Brenon Thrift as Owls recruits for the Class of 2014.
“Just committed to Temple,” he posted on Twitter.
Davis also will reunite with former Gateway head coach Terry Smith, who is in his first offseason as a Temple assistant coach.
Davis (6-1, 175), who intercepted six passes last year, had 17 offers, including Cincinnati, Maryland, Michigan State, Nebraska, Penn State and West Virginia.
He is the 12th WPIAL player of the Class of 2014 to make a Division I-FBS verbal commitment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- HS highlight reel: Pair of title games to be on tape delay Saturday
- Seneca Valley football team hopes to improve in offseason
- South Fayette, Aliquippa form unique traditions for Thanksgiving Day
- Strong running game has propelled Thomas Jefferson into WPIAL title game
- Jeannette two-way star Sanders has Jayhawks back at Heinz Field
- PIAA Class AA first-round preview: Karns City vs. Bedford
- Jeannette junior Swinton says ‘football is my life’
- High school notebook: New classes put football finalists on the move next season
- Gorman: Look out for unsung hero
- HS highlight reel: Winter season set to tip off Dec. 4
- Frazier football well represented in all-conference honors