Gateway's Davis commits to Temple
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Gateway defensive back Anthony Davis will have plenty of familiar faces around when he heads to college. The three-star recruit, according to rivals.com, made a verbal commitment to Temple on Thursday, joining fellow Gators rising seniors Delvon Randall and Brenon Thrift as Owls recruits for the Class of 2014.
“Just committed to Temple,” he posted on Twitter.
Davis also will reunite with former Gateway head coach Terry Smith, who is in his first offseason as a Temple assistant coach.
Davis (6-1, 175), who intercepted six passes last year, had 17 offers, including Cincinnati, Maryland, Michigan State, Nebraska, Penn State and West Virginia.
He is the 12th WPIAL player of the Class of 2014 to make a Division I-FBS verbal commitment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- GCC, Monessen matchup to feature contrasting styles
- Frazier’s Ross is Player of the Week
- HS highlight reel: Red, White & Blue Invite set for Saturday
- Valley edges emotional Burrell team on OT field goal
- Thomas Jefferson runs past Ringgold
- Pevarnik’s scoring binge leads GCC to 15-12 victory over Monessen
- Late 98-yard pick 6 seals Norwin’s shutout win over Latrobe
- Mars RB Schultheis could be out for season
- High school roundup: Seton-La Salle captures Century Conference win
- Knoch’s 3rd-quarter surge leads to victory over Franklin Regional
- Tipton accounts for 4 TDs in Apollo-Ridge’s 41-21 victory over West Shamokin