Gateway's Davis commits to Temple
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Gateway defensive back Anthony Davis will have plenty of familiar faces around when he heads to college. The three-star recruit, according to rivals.com, made a verbal commitment to Temple on Thursday, joining fellow Gators rising seniors Delvon Randall and Brenon Thrift as Owls recruits for the Class of 2014.
“Just committed to Temple,” he posted on Twitter.
Davis also will reunite with former Gateway head coach Terry Smith, who is in his first offseason as a Temple assistant coach.
Davis (6-1, 175), who intercepted six passes last year, had 17 offers, including Cincinnati, Maryland, Michigan State, Nebraska, Penn State and West Virginia.
He is the 12th WPIAL player of the Class of 2014 to make a Division I-FBS verbal commitment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Valley hires football coach Colosimo as athletic director
- Fox Chapel football putting in preseason work
- Shady Side Academy football prepares for upcoming season
- Steel Valley players benefit from trip to NFL 7 on 7 event
- Penn-Trafford wins WCCA 7 on 7 tournament title
- Plum football coach impressed by effort in summer sessions
- Heinauer sees benefits for Mars from 7-on-7 scrimmages
- Franklin Regional, Norwin, Penn-Trafford compete at annual WCCA 7-on-7 tournament
- Benefits abound during 7-on-7 passing workouts
- Colts’ McAfee helps improve alma mater Plum’s weight room
- Latrobe freshman selected to USA Football event