Gateway's Davis commits to Temple
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Gateway defensive back Anthony Davis will have plenty of familiar faces around when he heads to college. The three-star recruit, according to rivals.com, made a verbal commitment to Temple on Thursday, joining fellow Gators rising seniors Delvon Randall and Brenon Thrift as Owls recruits for the Class of 2014.
“Just committed to Temple,” he posted on Twitter.
Davis also will reunite with former Gateway head coach Terry Smith, who is in his first offseason as a Temple assistant coach.
Davis (6-1, 175), who intercepted six passes last year, had 17 offers, including Cincinnati, Maryland, Michigan State, Nebraska, Penn State and West Virginia.
He is the 12th WPIAL player of the Class of 2014 to make a Division I-FBS verbal commitment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Clairton allows 2 scores but still sprints past Springdale
- West Greene outlasts Serra Catholic in 4 overtimes
- Seton-La Salle outlasts Steel Valley
- Monessen averts upset bid with 28-6 victory over Leechburg
- Seniors lead North Catholic past Brentwood
- Thomas Jefferson rolls to 4th straight win, routs Elizabeth Forward
- BVA falls to Hollidaysburg in OT
- McGuffey proves versatile in win over Southmoreland
- Gateway edges Knoch after deflected pass goes for TD
- Carlynton players carry on under new coach
- Ringgold rolls over West Mifflin