Gateway's Davis commits to Temple
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Gateway defensive back Anthony Davis will have plenty of familiar faces around when he heads to college. The three-star recruit, according to rivals.com, made a verbal commitment to Temple on Thursday, joining fellow Gators rising seniors Delvon Randall and Brenon Thrift as Owls recruits for the Class of 2014.
“Just committed to Temple,” he posted on Twitter.
Davis also will reunite with former Gateway head coach Terry Smith, who is in his first offseason as a Temple assistant coach.
Davis (6-1, 175), who intercepted six passes last year, had 17 offers, including Cincinnati, Maryland, Michigan State, Nebraska, Penn State and West Virginia.
He is the 12th WPIAL player of the Class of 2014 to make a Division I-FBS verbal commitment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- HS highlight reel: Hearings scheduled before WPIAL board
- Latrobe boys soccer team competes in WPIAL playoffs for 1st time in 22 years
- High school notebook: Plenty to play for in GAC in Week 9
- Charleroi’s Shannon Player of the Week
- HS highlight reel: Reigning champs set to defend titles
- Pine-Richland knocks off No. 1 Central Catholic, takes conference title
- South Park uses 90-second, 28-point surge to get past Steel Valley
- HS highlight reel: Quite a weekend for Penn-Traffod’s Aunkst
- McKeesport’s quick-strike attack routs Hempfield
- Ringgold’s Berry is player of week
- Apollo-Ridge offense earns rest period against Deer Lakes