Gateway's Davis commits to Temple
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Gateway defensive back Anthony Davis will have plenty of familiar faces around when he heads to college. The three-star recruit, according to rivals.com, made a verbal commitment to Temple on Thursday, joining fellow Gators rising seniors Delvon Randall and Brenon Thrift as Owls recruits for the Class of 2014.
“Just committed to Temple,” he posted on Twitter.
Davis also will reunite with former Gateway head coach Terry Smith, who is in his first offseason as a Temple assistant coach.
Davis (6-1, 175), who intercepted six passes last year, had 17 offers, including Cincinnati, Maryland, Michigan State, Nebraska, Penn State and West Virginia.
He is the 12th WPIAL player of the Class of 2014 to make a Division I-FBS verbal commitment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pine-Richland’s ‘Neil’ the ram has happy home
- Scoring record within reach for Clairton
- Gorman: Central Catholic faces ‘phenomenon’
- From venues to playoff format, much has changed in 100 years of WPIAL championships
- WPIAL’s Top 10 football champions of all time
- Frazier gets nine on T-C South squad
- Law makes Big Nine first team — on defense
- WPIAL Class AAAA notebook: Pine-Richland has titles in 3 classifications
- Clairton wins 11th WPIAL football championship
- Thomas Jefferson, Mars running games out of this world
- Liotta, Petrishen represent AK-Valley at WPIAL football finals