Gateway's Davis commits to Temple
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Gateway defensive back Anthony Davis will have plenty of familiar faces around when he heads to college. The three-star recruit, according to rivals.com, made a verbal commitment to Temple on Thursday, joining fellow Gators rising seniors Delvon Randall and Brenon Thrift as Owls recruits for the Class of 2014.
“Just committed to Temple,” he posted on Twitter.
Davis also will reunite with former Gateway head coach Terry Smith, who is in his first offseason as a Temple assistant coach.
Davis (6-1, 175), who intercepted six passes last year, had 17 offers, including Cincinnati, Maryland, Michigan State, Nebraska, Penn State and West Virginia.
He is the 12th WPIAL player of the Class of 2014 to make a Division I-FBS verbal commitment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Lovic a ‘special player’ in Springdale’s stingy defense
- Thomas Jefferson gridders aiming to advance past WPIAL semifinal round
- Southmoreland to open football season at Charleroi
- Carlynton football motivated by season of attrition
- Bishop Canevin football looking to make push to the postseason
- We’ll have your ‘GamePlan’ for the 2015 season
- After standout junior season, Frazier’s Patterson looking for bigger, better things
- Everly steps in as full-time starter under center for Yough
- Jeannette football program looks for 700th win
- Seton-La Salle gridders have high expectations for 2015
- Quaker Valley football trying to keep program’s momentum in new conference