Beaver Falls lineman Boxen commits to Akron
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Beaver Falls lineman Brock Boxen verbally committed to Akron, becoming the second WPIAL football recruit from the 2014 class to pick the Zips.
The 6-foot-3, 260-pound senior will play defensive line for second-year coach Terry Bowden.
“They made me feel at home,” said Boxen, who also considered Connecticut “I visited some other schools I liked, but at Akron, I could just tell. ... With the new coaching staff there, I wanted to be a part of it.”
Blackhawk quarterback Chandler Kincade, a former Pitt commit, chose Akron in June. Kincade's move influenced Boxen's decision.
“I was already interested in Akron, but once I heard Chandler committed, I definitely wanted to go check out the school,” Boxen said. “You want to look where other people find a good fit.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Gorman: Perry makes the right call on playoffs
- High school notebook: Plenty to play for in GAC in Week 9
- Charleroi’s Shannon Player of the Week
- HS highlight reel: Quite a weekend for Penn-Traffod’s Aunkst
- WPIAL players turn to social media to promote highlight clips
- High school football roundup: Fulmore hits career milestone for CWNC
- Hectic week ahead for WPIAL student-athletes
- Through the years: Late TD snapped Springdale’s 31-game skid
- Previewing some of Western Pa.’s top matchups for Week 8
- South Park uses 90-second, 28-point surge to get past Steel Valley
- Clairton gets revenge for streak stopper