Beaver Falls lineman Boxen commits to Akron
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Beaver Falls lineman Brock Boxen verbally committed to Akron, becoming the second WPIAL football recruit from the 2014 class to pick the Zips.
The 6-foot-3, 260-pound senior will play defensive line for second-year coach Terry Bowden.
“They made me feel at home,” said Boxen, who also considered Connecticut “I visited some other schools I liked, but at Akron, I could just tell. ... With the new coaching staff there, I wanted to be a part of it.”
Blackhawk quarterback Chandler Kincade, a former Pitt commit, chose Akron in June. Kincade's move influenced Boxen's decision.
“I was already interested in Akron, but once I heard Chandler committed, I definitely wanted to go check out the school,” Boxen said. “You want to look where other people find a good fit.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- WPIAL football playoff clinchings
- Kittanning routs Ford City in rivalry’s final game
- Valley, Freeport provide special moment for Clarke in regular-season finale
- Jeannette rolls past rival Greensburg Central Catholic
- Central Valley gains measure of revenge on No. 1 West Allegheny
- West Shamokin dominates Deer Lakes
- BVA enters playoffs with 3 straight wins
- Serra Catholic snaps 28-game losing streak with 38-36 victory over Wilkinsburg
- No. 4 Highlands wraps up perfect regular season
- Ringgold has a ‘Berry’ good night
- Connellsville reaches playoff despite blowout loss