High school roundup: Seton-La Salle rolls in Century Conference opener
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Tyler Perone completed 16 of 22 passes for 196 yards and two touchdowns as No. 8 Seton-La Salle (1-0, 1-0) earned a 40-3 victory over South Allegheny (0-1, 0-1) on Saturday in the Class AA Century Conference opener for both teams.
Tom Rizza added 63 rushing yards and three touchdowns and five receptions, including an 11-yard touchdown.
Northgate 18, Riverview 13 — Alex Marusic's 2-yard run with 11 seconds left lifted Northgate (1-0, 1-0) to victory in the Class A Eastern Conference opener. Johnny Camello passed for 180 yards for the Flames.
Wilkinsburg 14, Leechburg 13 — Ramere Brown's 5-yard fumble return for a touchdown in the third quarter proved the be the winning score for Wilkinsburg (1-0, 1-0) in its Class A Eastern Conference opener. Jeremiah Hilty hit Braedan Lusi in the fourth quarter for Leechburg (0-1, 0-1), but the Blue Devils failed to tie the game when they missed the extra point.
Bishop Canevin 31, United 3 — Tyler Reddy ran nine times for 151 yards and two touchdowns and Giovanni DeMarzo added 12 carries for 100 yards, including an 86-yard scoring run, as Bishop Canevin (1-0) beat District 6's United (0-1) in nonconference play. Zach Cortese scored on a 31-yard interception return for the Crusaders, who also got a 37-yard field goal from Ryan Durbin.
Aliquippa 44, Ambridge 13— Dravon Henry scored three touchdowns, including an 82-yard punt return and 57-yard TD run, to lead Class AA Aliquippa (1-0) to a nonconference victory over Class AAA Ambridge (0-1).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- South Fayette football team distributes Steelers tickets to Carlynton, Wilkinsburg
- 2014 Valley News Dispatch football all-stars
- High school notebook: WPIAL adjusts to accommodate Armstrong merger
- Through the years: Bell-Avon rings out in program’s finale
- Pine-Richland falls short in PIAA Class AAAA final
- Through the years: Ken High, Apollo go out in style
- Gorman: South Fayette has a ‘No Fly’ zone
- Gorman: Central Valley’s life after death
- Gorman: Gastion goes deep for Pine-Richland
- Pine-Richland has new look for defending champ St. Joseph’s Prep
- Cal Area opens Teets’ job after two seasons