Slomka's 5 TDs lead Pine-Richland past Fox Chapel
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Brandon Mitchell caught a 66-yard pass from Billy Urso, and Carrington Vaughn scored on a 10-yard run, but Fox Chapel (0-1, 0-1) opened the season with a 49-18 loss to visiting Pine-Richland (1-0, 1-0) on Friday in the Quad North Conference.
Pine-Richland quarterback Ben DiNucci was 10 of 14 for 244 yards and a touchdown, and Connor Slomka rushed for 172 yards and five scores for Pine-Richland.
Urso threw for 253 yards and two TDs for Fox Chapel.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Alle-Kiski Valley HSFB notebook: Petrishen makes stop in Alle-Kiski Valley
- Statewide high school football notebook: Clairton’s scoring gaining attention across Pa.
- HS highlight reel: Plum suspends soccer coach for season
- Bishop Canevin football living on the edge
- Shady Side Academy’s Berry shines in Allegheny Conference win
- Previewing some of Week 4’s top matchups
- Greensburg Tribune-Review Q&A: Norwin’s Peyton Deri
- Monz resigns as Carlynton football coach
- Cherpak, Kemp credit Thomas Jefferson’s stout offensive line
- Daily News Q&A: Clairton’s James Hines
- Undefeated Seton-La Salle, Steel Valley meet with Century lead at stake