Slomka's 5 TDs lead Pine-Richland past Fox Chapel
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Brandon Mitchell caught a 66-yard pass from Billy Urso, and Carrington Vaughn scored on a 10-yard run, but Fox Chapel (0-1, 0-1) opened the season with a 49-18 loss to visiting Pine-Richland (1-0, 1-0) on Friday in the Quad North Conference.
Pine-Richland quarterback Ben DiNucci was 10 of 14 for 244 yards and a touchdown, and Connor Slomka rushed for 172 yards and five scores for Pine-Richland.
Urso threw for 253 yards and two TDs for Fox Chapel.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Bishop Canevin football looking to make push to the postseason
- Gorman: Time for new ‘House rules
- Lovic a ‘special player’ in Springdale’s stingy defense
- Carlynton football motivated by season of attrition
- We’ll have your ‘GamePlan’ for the 2015 season
- Thomas Jefferson gridders aiming to advance past WPIAL semifinal round
- Southmoreland’s Francis hopes to seize opportunity at running back
- Southmoreland to open football season at Charleroi
- Everly steps in as full-time starter under center for Yough
- Quaker Valley football trying to keep program’s momentum in new conference
- After standout junior season, Frazier’s Patterson looking for bigger, better things