Alle-Kiski Valley roundup: Plum, Fox Chapel fall short
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Nick Barca rushed for 226 yards, including an 83-yard touchdown run, to lead Baldwin (1-1, 1-1) to a 38-6 Quad Central victory over Plum (0-2, 0-2). Patrick Crossey caught a 9-yard touchdown pass from Wil Fuhrer for Plum's lone score.
North Allegheny 42, Fox Chapel 7 — Jeff Clemens threw for 177 yards and two touchdowns as No. 4 North Allegheny (2-0, 2-0) beat Fox Chapel (0-2, 0-2) in Quad North play. Nigel Garnett scored on a 75-yard run for Fox Chapel.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Elizabeth Forward wins seesaw battle over Yough
- South Fayette extends winning streak in dominating fashion
- West Mifflin limits chances for Laurel Highlands, wins 28-17
- Freeport takes chances, cashes in during shutout of Highlands
- Offensive spurt lifts Burrell past Sto-Rox
- Springdale pushes Monessen around
- Clairton uses big second half, key turnover to pull away from Jeannette
- Norwin takes control in 2nd half, upends Kiski Area
- Bentworth’s Tush scores 6 TDs
- Brown’s return makes difference for Apollo-Ridge in victory over Shady Side Academy
- Valley relies on run game to avenge last year’s loss to West Shamokin