Daily Courier Q&A: Southmoreland quarterback Brennan Coles
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Southmoreland junior Brennan Coles is making the adjustment to starting quarterback as he tries to supplant the graduated Dakota Datz.
Q: Southmoreland's Russ Grimm Field was badly damaged by flooding last month, and the turf can't be used to practice or play on. How difficult has it been for the Scotties to be unable to practice or play on their home field?
A: It's kind of tough because we've had to adjust to grass, and practicing on it is harder. But it's getting better, and we're getting used to it. It's not that bad. The biggest thing is that we want to play a home game.
Q: The Scotties are playing their home games at California (Pa.) University. What's it like playing on a college field?
A: It's nice. Their locker rooms are nice. I enjoy it.
Q: How are you adjusting to playing quarterback?
A: This is my first year ever as a quarterback, so everything is new. I'm learning to read defenses and who to throw the ball to. I'm also learning when to run. I'm getting it.
Q: Besides football, do you participate in any other sports?
A: I wrestle.
Q: What are your future plans?
A: I'd like to go on to secondary education, maybe study architecture or engineering.
Q: What kind of music do you listen to?
A: I like everything.
Q: What is your favorite food?
A: Chicken Alfredo
Q: What goals have you set for the remainder of this season?
A: I just want to minimize my mistakes and lead this team. Hopefully we can do something good.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Thomas Jefferson runs past Ringgold
- Pevarnik’s scoring binge leads GCC to 15-12 victory over Monessen
- Sanders, Woodland Hills roll to victory against Peters Township
- Strong offensive line to lead Mapletown
- Class AA breakdown: Revamped Allegheny Conference among many changes
- Football pedigree runs deep with Valley receiver Hill
- Three of a kind: Football coaches who took different routes
- Pine-Richland’s Gastion primed for another big year
- H.S. Picks ‘tunes’ up for new season
- Jackson brothers lead way as Highlands rolls in Class AA debut over Ford City
- Previewing Week 1 high school football matchups