Quattrone's 3 scores not enough, as Serra falls
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Zach Quattrone threw for 183 yards and rushed for 219, but Serra Catholic dropped an out-of-state, nonconference football game, 55-26, at Hancock, Md.
Quattrone opened the game with a 35-yard touchdown run, and after a pair of Hancock scores, he added another 14-yard scoring run to bring the Eagles to within 14-12 at the end of the first quarter.
Hancock, however, pulled away with 21 points in the second quarter and 20 more in the third to seal the win.
Serra's Joe Satira, who finished with eight catches for 144 yards, scored on a 7-yard pass from Quattrone in the third quarter, and Quattrone capped the scoring in the fourth with a 26-yard run.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- High school notebook: WPIAL title games could stay at The Pete, Heinz Field
- Through the years: Brown’s heroics lead Burrell to win
- Big games all around the area
- VND high school notebook: Kiski Area’s Heavner keeps things interesting
- Surprising starts vault football teams into WPIAL playoff picture
- Through the years: Leechburg edges Freeport in mud
- H.S. Picks dishes out his midseason grades
- Previewing some of Western Pennsylvania’s top Week 6 matchups
- Unbeaten Ringgold, BVA to collide for conference supremacy.
- PIAA votes to expand classifications in football, other sports
- Southmoreland varsity gridders helping midget football teams