Quattrone's 3 scores not enough, as Serra falls
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Zach Quattrone threw for 183 yards and rushed for 219, but Serra Catholic dropped an out-of-state, nonconference football game, 55-26, at Hancock, Md.
Quattrone opened the game with a 35-yard touchdown run, and after a pair of Hancock scores, he added another 14-yard scoring run to bring the Eagles to within 14-12 at the end of the first quarter.
Hancock, however, pulled away with 21 points in the second quarter and 20 more in the third to seal the win.
Serra's Joe Satira, who finished with eight catches for 144 yards, scored on a 7-yard pass from Quattrone in the third quarter, and Quattrone capped the scoring in the fourth with a 26-yard run.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Through the years: Bell-Avon rings out in program’s finale
- High school notebook: WPIAL adjusts to accommodate Armstrong merger
- Clairton falls short vs. Bishop Guilfoyle in PIAA Class A title game
- Pine-Richland falls short in PIAA Class AAAA final
- Through the years: Ken High, Apollo go out in style
- High school football lifts spirits in Western Pennsylvania’s former industrial towns
- Gorman: South Fayette has a ‘No Fly’ zone
- Gorman: Central Valley’s life after death
- Gorman: Gastion goes deep for Pine-Richland