Quattrone's 3 scores not enough, as Serra falls
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Zach Quattrone threw for 183 yards and rushed for 219, but Serra Catholic dropped an out-of-state, nonconference football game, 55-26, at Hancock, Md.
Quattrone opened the game with a 35-yard touchdown run, and after a pair of Hancock scores, he added another 14-yard scoring run to bring the Eagles to within 14-12 at the end of the first quarter.
Hancock, however, pulled away with 21 points in the second quarter and 20 more in the third to seal the win.
Serra's Joe Satira, who finished with eight catches for 144 yards, scored on a 7-yard pass from Quattrone in the third quarter, and Quattrone capped the scoring in the fourth with a 26-yard run.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Williams tosses 6 TDs as Clairton sets state scoring record
- South Fayette wins 30th in a row, moves closer to title defense
- Led by Whitehead’s 4 TDs, Central Valley cruises into PIAA semifinals
- Through the years: A look at final games of A-K Valley schools
- PIAA quarterfinalists Central Valley, Conneaut sharing success after mergers
- Clairton wins 11th WPIAL football championship
- Pine-Richland tops defending champ Central Catholic to capture WPIAL title
- Central Valley beats rival West Allegheny to win WPIAL Class AAA championship
- Scoring record within reach for Clairton
- Pine-Richland hopes to avoid ‘drop off’ against State College