Daily News roundup: Elizabeth Forward rolls to victory
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Matthew Bernadowski caught six passes for 221 yards and two touchdowns and he returned a punt 55 yards for another score to lead No. 8 Elizabeth Forward (2-1, 2-1) to a 37-7 victory over Laurel Highlands (0-3, 0-3) in the Big Nine Conference. JaQuan Davidson threw for 263 yards and three touchdowns and he added a 19-yard scoring run.
West Mifflin 35, Uniontown 0 — Jimmy Wheeler ran for 170 yards and three touchdowns and John Green added 145 rushing yards and two scores as No. 5 West Mifflin (3-0, 3-0) blanked Uniontown (1-2, 1-2) in the Big Nine Conference. West Mifflin has outscored its opponents this season, 135-6.
Thomas Jefferson 45, Hollidaysburg 12 — Christian Breisinger completed 8 of 13 passes for 176 yards and four touchdowns, as Thomas Jefferson won a nonconference game at Hollidaysburg (1-2). Dalton Dietrich caught seven passes for 163 yards for the No. 2 ranked Jaguars (3-0).
New Brighton 52, South Allegheny 25 — Scott Florence ran 21 times for 216 yards and three touchdowns to lead New Brighton (3-0, 2-0) to the nonconference win against South Allegheny (0-3, 0-2). Gabe Greco completed 12 of 17 passes for 153 yards and two touchdowns for New Brighton, which scored 31 points in the first quarter. Ty Cook threw for 166 yards and two touchdowns and he ran for two other scores for South Allegheny.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- WPIAL Class AAA notebook: Central Valley to face another merger in PIAA playoffs
- WPIAL’s Top 10 football champions of all time
- WPIAL Class AAAA notebook: Pine-Richland has titles in 3 classifications
- WPIAL Class A notebook: Clairton climbs all-time title list
- High school football notebook: Official’s decision impacts WPIAL Class AAAA title game
- From venues to playoff format, much has changed in 100 years of WPIAL championships
- WPIAL Class AA notebook: South Fayette’s Brumbaugh closes in on state passing record
- What offseason? Belle Vernon Area’s Humbert back to work
- HS highlight reel: WPIAL again rules Lincoln Park guard ineligible until Jan. 21
- HS highlight reel: Shaler hockey team thrives in Class AAA
- Ringgold’s Small picked for national grid event