Daily News roundup: Elizabeth Forward rolls to victory
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Matthew Bernadowski caught six passes for 221 yards and two touchdowns and he returned a punt 55 yards for another score to lead No. 8 Elizabeth Forward (2-1, 2-1) to a 37-7 victory over Laurel Highlands (0-3, 0-3) in the Big Nine Conference. JaQuan Davidson threw for 263 yards and three touchdowns and he added a 19-yard scoring run.
West Mifflin 35, Uniontown 0 — Jimmy Wheeler ran for 170 yards and three touchdowns and John Green added 145 rushing yards and two scores as No. 5 West Mifflin (3-0, 3-0) blanked Uniontown (1-2, 1-2) in the Big Nine Conference. West Mifflin has outscored its opponents this season, 135-6.
Thomas Jefferson 45, Hollidaysburg 12 — Christian Breisinger completed 8 of 13 passes for 176 yards and four touchdowns, as Thomas Jefferson won a nonconference game at Hollidaysburg (1-2). Dalton Dietrich caught seven passes for 163 yards for the No. 2 ranked Jaguars (3-0).
New Brighton 52, South Allegheny 25 — Scott Florence ran 21 times for 216 yards and three touchdowns to lead New Brighton (3-0, 2-0) to the nonconference win against South Allegheny (0-3, 0-2). Gabe Greco completed 12 of 17 passes for 153 yards and two touchdowns for New Brighton, which scored 31 points in the first quarter. Ty Cook threw for 166 yards and two touchdowns and he ran for two other scores for South Allegheny.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fight stops Monessen-Wilkinsburg game in 3rd quarter
- Clairton rolls to victory at Riverview behind RB Dreher
- Franklin Regional holds off Armstrong
- Highlands humbles Deer Lakes in Allegheny Conference play
- Cardinal Wuerl North Catholic cruises to nonconference victory over Riverside
- Derry rallies to down Southmoreland
- West Allegheny rushes to victory over Montour
- Kiski Area avenges last year’s 65-0 loss with upset of Plum
- Frazier finally allows TD, win streak continues vs. Leechburg
- Junior running back Ross leads Greensburg Central Catholic past Serra, 42-10
- Amendola carries Norwin past Altoona