Daily Courier Q&A: Uniontown's Nate Guerriere
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Nate Guerriere is a starting tight end and linebacker for the Uniontown football team. In addition to football, Guerriere also has a deep love for basketball and is a forward for the Uniontown basketball team.Q: What side of the ball do you like playing better, offense or defense?
A: I like playing offense. I feel good about our offense, and I feel like I'm playing a big part in it. I like trying to help out. I block a lot, but I can go out for passes a lot.
Q: In Week 2, your team earned a big win over Fayette County rival Albert Gallatin. How did it feel to get that early win under your belt?
A: It was great for us as a team and it was important to get a jump-start on a win, especially against Albert Gallatin because they are a better team this year.
Q: Being a junior, have you started to think about your future after high school?
A: If I can play sports, that would be great, but I want to be a physical therapist and maybe attend Pitt. I want to stay close to athletics. I really like Pitt, but if I had a chance to play sports, I'd have to look at my offers.
Q: Prior to a game, do you have any rituals or superstitions?
A: I sit there and I pray. I keep to myself. I just think about what I have to do.
Q: What is some advice that you have received that you always try to apply to your life?
A: Just keep working hard and never quit. When I started with this team I was a freshman long-snapper and now I've been a tight end for two years. There's always a spot if you are willing to work for it.
Q: If you could have dinner with anyone, who would it be?
A: Michael Jordan. Basketball has always been close to me. My whole family has played basketball. Jordan is such a great champion.
Q: What is your favorite food?
Q: What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
A: I listen to anything really.
Q: Are you involved in any clubs or activities?
A: I play AAU basketball.
Q: When you are not playing football or basketball, what else do you enjoy doing?
A: I like hanging out with my friends and just doing whatever comes up.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- North Hills defeats Fox Chapel
- California victim of Clairton’s ‘statement’
- HS highlight reel: Red, White & Blue Invite set for Saturday
- Previewing Week 1 high school football matchups
- Frazier’s Ross is Player of the Week
- High school roundup: Greensburg Salem shocks Gateway in opener
- Jackson brothers lead way as Highlands rolls in Class AA debut over Ford City
- High school notebook: Valley coach Colosimo knows something about rivalries
- Pevarnik’s scoring binge leads GCC to 15-12 victory over Monessen
- Thomas Jefferson runs past Ringgold
- Late 98-yard pick 6 seals Norwin’s shutout win over Latrobe