USO routs Brashear behind Brown's 5 TDs
By Justin Criado
Published: Thursday, Sept. 19, 2013, 10:27 p.m.
USO and hard-tossing quarterback Ron Brown continued to put up big numbers, rolling to a 51-6 victory over Brashear (1-3, 1-1) in City League action Thursday night.
Brown finished 28 of 39 for 343 yards and five touchdowns to build on his City League-leading totals.
“We tried to mix up coverages and some things,” Brashear coach Rick Murphy said. “It's hard to fight from behind to a team like that.”
First-place USO limited Brashear quarterback Angelo Reed to 43 yards on eight completions and two interceptions, including a 41-yard touchdown return by Nicholas Stallworth. USO also recorded six sacks.
“What I was most impressed with was our defense,” USO coach Lou Berry said. “People think we're all about our offense, and respectfully so, but we know defense wins championships.”
USO (4-0, 2-0) returns to City League action against Allderdice on Oct. 4.
“I think (the team) is still a work in progress,” Berry said. “At the end of the day, we haven't faced a winning ball club yet.”
Justin Criado is a freelance writer
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- UPMC to city: Try to tax our subsidiaries
- New Castle woman pleads guilty in pursuit death of police officer
- Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band to play Consol on April 22
- Cueto gets best of Bucs, as Reds take series
- Starkey: Fleury’s future at stake
- Obama hopes to replicate CCAC job training efforts across U.S.
- Connellsville area benefits from tourism grant program
- Bassist McBride stresses attitude for jazz hopefuls
- Authorities plan to withdraw charge against bullied South Fayette student
- Jailed Hribal ‘fine,’ but family ‘terrible’ as answers in stabbing sought
- Five years later, Crosby wants another Cup win