USO routs Brashear behind Brown's 5 TDs
TribLIVE Sports Videos
USO and hard-tossing quarterback Ron Brown continued to put up big numbers, rolling to a 51-6 victory over Brashear (1-3, 1-1) in City League action Thursday night.
Brown finished 28 of 39 for 343 yards and five touchdowns to build on his City League-leading totals.
“We tried to mix up coverages and some things,” Brashear coach Rick Murphy said. “It's hard to fight from behind to a team like that.”
First-place USO limited Brashear quarterback Angelo Reed to 43 yards on eight completions and two interceptions, including a 41-yard touchdown return by Nicholas Stallworth. USO also recorded six sacks.
“What I was most impressed with was our defense,” USO coach Lou Berry said. “People think we're all about our offense, and respectfully so, but we know defense wins championships.”
USO (4-0, 2-0) returns to City League action against Allderdice on Oct. 4.
“I think (the team) is still a work in progress,” Berry said. “At the end of the day, we haven't faced a winning ball club yet.”
Justin Criado is a freelance writer
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Thomas Jefferson runs past Ringgold
- Trueman sparks North Allegheny’s 14-0 victory over Seneca Valley
- McKeesport’s Hudson sets career high in rout of Connellsville
- Mars RB Schultheis could be out for season
- Wilkinsburg holds off Leechburg
- High school roundup: Seton-La Salle captures Century Conference win
- WPIAL teams value hard-to-come-by nonconference games in Week 1
- Valley edges emotional Burrell team on OT field goal
- Jackson brothers lead way as Highlands rolls in Class AA debut over Ford City
- High school roundup: Greensburg Salem shocks Gateway in opener
- Team effort pushes Penn-Trafford past Kiski Area